Business Development Representative (BDR)
This is Adyen
Adyen provides payments, data, and financial products in a single solution for customers like Facebook, Uber, H&M, and Microsoft - making us the financial technology platform of choice. At Adyen, everything we do is engineered for ambition.
For our teams, we create an environment with opportunities for our people to succeed, backed by the culture and support to ensure they are enabled to own their careers truly. We are motivated individuals who tackle unique technical challenges at scale and solve them as a team. Together, we deliver innovative and ethical solutions that help businesses achieve their ambitions faster
Why Should you join Adyen as a Business Development Representative (BDR):
Sales at Adyen is captured with one phrase: 'we sell the best to the best'. You'll work with world-class merchants, technology, and colleagues while selling the best to the best.
Being able to tell stories is fundamental to how we operate. And this is no different to your career; we want you to create your own story here at Adyen. We want to nurture your talent to the best of your ability, allowing you to grow and develop your own career and utilizing our in-house academy, which will prepare you for your extended career at Adyen, working alongside the best-in-class salespeople.
You serve as the linchpin between the marketing and sales functions by managing inbound lead qualification and supporting outbound lead generation.
What you'll do
- Set up and manage the qualification process for inbound leads in Japan and Asia, leveraging Adyen's global frameworks and ways of working
- Be the first point of contact for new business prospects and determine the next steps for each prospect moving forward
- Build a solid network that you can leverage for not only short-term sales success but also long term
- Set up and deliver outbound campaigns using sales enablement tools to drive top-of-the-funnel opportunities for the business in close alignment with the marketing team
- Identify and target new potential partners for Adyen in alignment with the local partner manager utilizing our market intelligence tools
- Support sales managers on outbound tactics, lead-generating efforts, signing merchants, and onboarding
- Assuming full responsibility for the sales cycle - from qualification to signing to onboarding
- Opportunity to attend and represent Adyen at external and internal events
- Demonstrate the value of Adyen and our product offerings in both online and offline forums
Who you are
- You have a strong desire to work in a commercial position within a multinational business or 3+ years of working experience in sales, preferably in a role where you have successfully sold B2B products
- Demonstrated ability to work solo as well as being a productive team member, making outbound calls every day
- Have the drive to learn and make new connections with prospects
- A team player who thrives in working in close collaboration with other teams, where you play an integral part in the teams' success
- English and Japanese verbal communication skills would be key as you will be handling local clients and global stakeholders.
- Ideally, you have worked with LinkedIn Sales Navigator or other similar prospecting applications, and also Salesforce.
Our Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion commitments
Our unique approach is a product of our diverse perspectives. This diversity of backgrounds and cultures is essential in helping us maintain our momentum. Our business and technical challenges are unique, and we need as many different voices as possible to join us in solving them - voices like yours. No matter who you are or where you're from, we welcome you to be your true self at Adyen.
Studies show that women and members of underrepresented communities apply for jobs only if they meet 100% of the qualifications. Does this sound like you? If so, Adyen encourages you to reconsider and apply. We look forward to your application.
Ensuring a smooth and enjoyable candidate experience is critical for us. We aim to get back to you regarding your application within 5 business days. Our interview process tends to take about 4 weeks to complete, but may fluctuate depending on the role. Learn more about our hiring process here. Don't be afraid to let us know if you need more flexibility.