Head of Sales - AUNZ
This is Adyen
Adyen provides payments, data, and financial products in a single solution for customers like Meta, Uber, H&M, and Microsoft - making us the financial technology platform of choice. At Adyen, everything we do is engineered for ambition.
For our teams, we create an environment with opportunities for our people to succeed, backed by the culture and support to ensure they are enabled to truly own their careers. We are motivated individuals who tackle unique technical challenges at scale and solve them as a team. Together, we deliver innovative and ethical solutions that help businesses achieve their ambitions faster.
Head of Sales - AUNZ
We’re looking for an inspirational leader to join our Sydney based team and be part of our APAC Sales leadership team. The central goal of this role is to own the commercial outcomes of the AUNZ Sales team, and the strategy and execution that leads to achievement of commercial objectives. This requires strategic thinking, excellent commercial execution, strengthening the best team members while fostering teamwork.
The ideal candidate is a natural leader and networker with a consultative and commercial mindset, who thrives in a fast-paced, diverse, and entrepreneurial environment. As a critical member of the APAC Team, this candidate will be an integral contributor to shaping Australia’s commercial strategy, collaborating with cross-functional teams and growing talent through fostering a healthy & collaborative team environment.
In this role you will be fully responsible for overseeing the Sales strategy for Australia / New Zealand while leading and developing the team of Sales Managers and SDRs.
What you’ll do:
- Building and scaling the Sales organisation in AUNZ and owning the end-to-end commercial success of your department;
- Create and drive the vision and strategy for growing the AUNZ sales team, and scale day-to-day operations;
- Engage with the largest strategic opportunities, leading executive relationships and helping the team navigate long sales cycles with complex fintech solutions to win new customers;
- Adopt and influence the company's sales methodology/process and drive best practices on selling and forecasting;
- Develop best practices that enable the organisation to more rapidly scale to deliver on revenue targets and support KPIs for growth;
- Partner cross-functionally across different teams (e.g. Marketing, Product, Partnerships, Account Management, SDR, regionally and globally)
Who You Are
- You have 15+ years of extensive sales experience, specialising in serving multinational enterprise customers;
- You are an inspirational leader with 5+ years in Australia with demonstrated experience leading both leaders and individual contributors;
- You have extensive knowledge on the Payments, FinTech and/or enterprise SAAS industries in Australia and New Zealand;
- Strong experience with sales forecasting and metrics;
- You are resilient and have the capacity to challenge and influence whilst remaining focused on growing a sustainable business;
- You have the ability to structure and prioritize in a high volume, fast-paced environment and drive a process to completion;
- You are a team player that does not shy away from taking ownership.
Our Diversity, Equity and Inclusion commitments
Our unique approach is a product of our diverse perspectives. This diversity of backgrounds and cultures is essential in helping us maintain our momentum. Our business and technical challenges are unique, and we need as many different voices as possible to join us in solving them - voices like yours. No matter who you are or where you’re from, we welcome you to be your true self at Adyen.
Studies show that women and members of underrepresented communities apply for jobs only if they meet 100% of the qualifications. Does this sound like you? If so, Adyen encourages you to reconsider and apply. We look forward to your application!
Ensuring a smooth and enjoyable candidate experience is critical for us. We aim to get back to you regarding your application within 5 business days. Our interview process tends to take about 4 weeks to complete, but may fluctuate depending on the role. Learn more about our hiring process here. Don’t be afraid to let us know if you need more flexibility.
This role is based out of our Sydney office. We are an office-first company and value in-person collaboration; we do not offer remote-only roles.