Technical Sales Specialist
Job Requisition ID #
The Technical Sales Specialist is responsible for leading and presenting all technical sales aspects of an Autodesk sales cycle. Technical Specialists partner with Autodesk sales teams and authorized resellers to assist in the development, management and execution on strategies and tactics for closing business. They meet with individuals at all levels within a customer’s organization in order to understand their issues and position solutions while discovering business opportunities for Autodesk. We are looking for a technical expert in AEC, particularly in the construction, architectural or structural design and analysis space, to help drive our AEC business in Turkey and Israel.
Location: Istanbul, Turkey
- Perform in-depth assessments of customer processes. Investigate, uncover and understand the customer’s business issues. Utilize knowledge of business trends, technology, and industry changes to identify areas of opportunity for customer process improvement
- Capture metrics for quantifying and justifying the customer’s return on investment (ROI) for the purpose of technical closure. Work with Autodesk consulting services when needed for adoption of proposed Autodesk solutions
- Demonstrate proposed solutions & product overviews and relate them to the customer’s business issues. Develop and conduct professional presentations & demonstrations, and lead sales discussions with customers to generate sales of Autodesk solutions
- Position and sell Autodesk’s unique business values in competitive sales situations against other vendors. Presentations, demonstrations, and discussions may be in-person, web-based, or via other mechanisms
- Influence product development and product direction through customer feedback and identified business opportunities
- Develops long term customer relationships and achieves customer satisfaction goals. Maintain and grow respected, trusted advisor relationships with customers and members of the Autodesk sales team involved with the opportunity
- Works with sales teams that support both direct sales and reseller sales channels. Partner with sales representatives to assist in the development, management and execution on strategies and tactics for closing business
- Support the success of Autodesk resellers by mentoring and training reseller personnel on technical sales activities and execution. Support internal sales and team learning through creation of sales content
- Participates in company sponsored events and tradeshows to promote Autodesk’s solutions and the customer business issues they target
- 3+ years’ experience in Architecture and/or Construction industry
- Engineering bachelor’s degree from recognized institute an advantage
- Experience in working with CAD software and 3D modelling tools essential
- Understanding of BIM and BIM processes essential
- Experience with Advanced Design and analysis essential
- Experience with cloud technology an advantage
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Highly Motivated
- English proficiency, spoken and written
- Willingness to travel within Turley, Israel and occasionally Europe, Middle East and Africa
- Knowledge of Autodesk solutions in the AEC space
- Knowledge of competitor’s AEC software an advantage
- Previous experience with sales or pre-sales an advantage
Welcome to Autodesk! Amazing things are created every day with our software – from the greenest buildings and cleanest cars to the smartest factories and biggest hit movies. We help innovators turn their ideas into reality, transforming not only how things are made, but what can be made.
We take great pride in our culture here at Autodesk – our Culture Code is at the core of everything we do. Our values and ways of working help our people thrive and realize their potential, which leads to even better outcomes for our customers.
When you’re an Autodesker, you can be your whole, authentic self and do meaningful work that helps build a better future for all. Ready to shape the world and your future? Join us!
Salary is one part of Autodesk’s competitive compensation package. Offers are based on the candidate’s experience and geographic location. In addition to base salaries, we also have a significant emphasis on discretionary annual cash bonuses, commissions for sales roles, stock or long-term incentive cash grants, and a comprehensive benefits package.
Diversity & Belonging
We take pride in cultivating a culture of belonging and an equitable workplace where everyone can thrive. Learn more here: https://www.autodesk.com/company/diversity-and-belonging
Are you an existing contractor or consultant with Autodesk?
Please search for open jobs and apply internally (not on this external site).