License Compliance Inside Sales Representative
Job Requisition ID #
Autodesk, Inc., is a leader in 3D design, engineering and entertainment software. Customers across the manufacturing, architecture, building, construction, and media and entertainment industries including the last 16 Academy Award winners for Best Visual Effects use Autodesk software to design, visualize, and simulate their ideas before they're ever built or created.
As a License Compliance Inside Sales Representative you will be responsible for working through a large volume of License Compliance leads and opportunities to vet, drive and close out. You will work closely with Autodesk sales teams (TSR teams), channel partners, legal, and other members of the License Compliance team on compliance matters. The License Compliance Inside Sales Representatives primary activity is discussing the (potential) compliance matter with customers, users and ensuring this leads to a commercial resolution.
A License Compliance Inside Sales Representative is responsible for driving a high level of customer compliance engagements whether warning letters or audit activities, resolving compliance matters while retaining customers. You will also be responsible for meeting, exceeding and forecasting quarterly and annual License Compliance sales goals within your territory.
- Work through a large volume of license compliance leads speaking with customers to uncover the compliance issues, ensure customer understands the Intellectual Property or contractual violation at hand, negotiate a resolution and timeline and agree on a commercial closure
- Communicate directly with customers to negotiate a license compliance settlement value and timeline for purchase
- Initiate warning letters or audit requests with Autodesk customers and leads customer through the audit process. Presents audit findings to customers and negotiates on the resolution.
- Use Autodesk License Compliance analytics tools and databases to investigate License Compliance prospects
- Engage customers at the CXO level to gain their cooperation and participation in License Compliance warning letter or audit process
- Demonstrate the ability to deliver unpopular results and messages as well as handle impassioned discussions and negotiations around non-compliance matters
- Critical thinking skills to apply Autodesk licensing rules to various customer software deployments.
- Ability to successfully mitigate complex pushback by customers regarding the compliance situation
- Use Salesforce.com to track all leads, opportunities, activities and results in line with global License Compliance guidelines for closed loop tracking
- Use lead tracking tools to forecast compliance sales on a regular basis. Utilizes Autodesk customer self-audit process document, targeted account selling, Situational Negotiation Skills and forecasting guidelines to categorize leads according to quality of the lead; accurately forecasts against plans and targets
- Assist Value Added Resellers in providing customer quotes to satisfy compliance purchases, proposals, order forms and product information
- Work with Territory Sales for cross-selling or up-selling as appropriate.
- Maintain basic knowledge of Autodesk products, competition and industry trends along with understanding project delivery methods
- Pro-actively establishes collaborative relationships with territory sales teams engaging them with compliance customers to assemble alternate proposals to resolve compliance issues
- Experience and comfort with communicating and negotiating at executive level
- Strong communication skills (verbal and written)
- I.T. Knowledge is an advantage
- At least 2 years of Inside Sales experience
- Successful track record in a software sales role is a plus
- Ideally a previous experience in License compliance
- Understanding of software licensing models, license agreements and contracts
- Proficient in all Microsoft Office Products (Excel/Word/Power point)
- Proficient in utilizing various CRM tools (i.e. Salesforce.com, Siebel, etc)
- Business English is a must
At Autodesk, we're building a diverse workplace and an inclusive culture to give more people the chance to imagine, design, and make a better world. Autodesk is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other legally protected characteristic. We also consider for employment all qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with applicable law.