Director of Enterprise Sales - West
Axonius is the cybersecurity asset management platform that gives organizations a comprehensive asset inventory, uncovers gaps, and automatically validates and enforces policies. Deployed in minutes, the Axonius cyber asset attack surface management (CAASM) solution integrates with hundreds of data sources to give customers the confidence to control complexity by mitigating threats, navigating risk, decreasing incidents, automating response actions, and informing business-level strategy. Hundreds of customers worldwide like The New York Times, Schneider Electric, and AB InBev trust Axonius to control complexity.
Headquartered in New York, New York, Axonius employs over 600 people worldwide and achieved unicorn status in early 2021. Axonius has been recognized with the Great Place to Work Certification™, was named one of Fortune’s 2021 Best Small and Medium Workplaces™, and was named to Dun’s Best Start Up Companies to Work for Over 100 Employees. Most recently, Axonius was also named to the 2021 and 2022 Forbes Cloud 100 list of the top 100 private SaaS companies in the world, as well as named to Inc. magazine's 2022 Best Workplaces, and was ranked #3 on the 2022 Deloitte Technology Fast 500 list. Axonius has been cited as the fastest growing cybersecurity company in history by revenue.
We are growing rapidly and are looking for superstars who value growth, team, humility and winning!
Location: Remote - California or Colorado
Key Responsibilities – Director of Enterprise Sales
The Director of Sales will report to the VP Enterprise sales and be responsible for recruiting, hiring, managing and cultivating a team of Account Executives (AEs). The Director will be responsible for consistently achieving and exceeding regional sales targets and goals on a monthly, quarterly and annual basis. The Director will assist in field level sales activities including account penetration, customer facing calls and demos, deal management and deal closing. The Director will regularly engage with key strategic channel partners, developing and maintaining relationships with management personnel as well as developing coordinated territory level GTM activities. The Director will work with the Axonius field sales team, marketing, channel and BDR leadership to generate and develop effective and consistent demand generation activities. The Director will work with the AE team to develop and maintain a healthy pipeline for the current and forward-facing quarters. The Director will provide weekly updates related to field personnel, the forecast, competitive trends, key field observations, selling obstacles as well as product and support needs to the VP Enterprise Sales. The Director will have the ability to engage in conversations with stakeholders ranging from IT and Security Operations, Threat & Vulnerability Management, Security Engineering as well as the enterprise C-Suite. The role requires the individual to be conversant across both general IT and security terminology with a conceptual understanding of common IT and security technologies.
The Director of Sales will:
- Find, attract and hire new sales AEs for the region
- Develop accurate weekly rollup forecast numbers and requisite information for executive management
- Continuously assess the existing team capabilities, cultivating strengths, minimizing weaknesses with an eye always on upleveling the team talent and outcomes
- Build and manage individual AE management and growth plans
- Develop and cultivate an inclusive team culture built on teamwork, information sharing and collaboration as well as healthy intrateam competition
- Develop, implement and manage to a common territory management plan
- Implement and manage against a common set of performance metrics
- Perform weekly cadence calls with each AE with the focus on pipeline and deal management
- Engage with sellers, sales engineering and Axonius executive management to assist with advancing and closing strategic deals
- Spend time in the field with each AE at least 2-3 times on a quarterly basis
- Identify key channel partner management relationships and engage on a regular basis
- Conduct quarterly business reviews with the team and management
- Gathering competitive intelligence and knowledge related to industry trends, sharing insights with marketing, product and executive management
- Provide insights on common buying trends, obstacles and other field level observations and inputs
Functional Competencies – Skills, Knowledge & Experience
- Minimum three (3) years of front line sales management experience with senior enterprise level sellers
- Consistent performance at or above sales goals and quotas
- Extensive background with recruiting, hiring, developing and management senior level sales Account Executives
- Experience developing and implementing territory and performance management plans and producing results against a clear set of metrics
- Develop and promote weekly, monthly and quarterly sales objectives
- Strong ability to qualify deals using MEDDPICC
- Experience and relationships with Channel VARs across the region
- Experience with weekly, monthly and quarterly forecasting
- Experience selling cybersecurity software solutions to enterprise clients strongly preferred
- Conceptual understanding of technical security solutions and models desired
- Conceptual understanding of OT network environments preferred
- Meticulous attention to detail and strong follow-up skills are required
- Ability to work creatively and independently, with minimal supervision
- Ability to communicate both business and technical concepts to different core audiences
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret business periodicals, professional journals or technical procedures, white papers and case studies
- Excellent written, verbal and presentation skills
- Experience with the use of Salesforce, Gmail, MS Office and Web Conferencing products required
Leadership, Management & Behavioral Competencies
- Ability to take the vision of the company and establish territory sales strategy, objectives and action plans with each Account Executive
- Ability to resourcefully and effectively execute and deliver on goals and action plans
- Develop a sense of urgency to address issues right away, deal with problems, finish initiatives with individual AEs
- Ability to build relationships, collaborate and partner with clients to obtain confidence and trust
- Organized and creative with a focus on the growth of this venture
- Ability to adapt sales methods and tactics to various on the ground customer, market conditions
- Strong personality and conflict management skills
Personal Characteristics / Considerations
- Strategic thinker and resourceful individual who can think out of the box and improvise to meet the demands of changing conditions
- Projects high energy
- Directs his/her own work
- Enjoys complexity and nuance
- Collaborative; communicates and interacts with transparency
- Optimistic, positive engaging personality
- Exceptional analytical and reporting skills
- Has patience and perseverance
- Has can do attitude
- Commitment to high ethics
A little more about Axonius:
- We are a remote-first culture. We have offices in New York and in Tel Aviv, but the majority of our employees are working from home across the US and Internationally.
- Our people aren’t just great professionals, they are great people. We are all here to support each other, ready to help and do what’s best for the entire company.
- Focus on Career growth. We love seeing our people grow into new roles and work hard to ensure everyone sees and can realize a long term career path here at Axonius.
At Axonius we support a diverse and inclusive workplace and believe in equal employment opportunity. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives, regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, age, sex, gender identity, national origin, sexual orientation, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status.
Something looks off?