Enterprise Account Executive - DACH
Axonius is the cybersecurity asset management platform that gives organizations a comprehensive asset inventory, uncovers gaps, and automatically validates and enforces policies. Deployed in minutes, the Axonius cyber asset attack surface management (CAASM) solution integrates with hundreds of data sources to give customers the confidence to control complexity by mitigating threats, navigating risk, decreasing incidents, automating response actions, and informing business-level strategy. Hundreds of customers worldwide like The New York Times, Schneider Electric, and AB InBev trust Axonius to control complexity.
Headquartered in New York, New York, Axonius employs over 600 people worldwide and achieved unicorn status in early 2021. Axonius has been recognized with the Great Place to Work Certification™, was named one of Fortune’s 2021 Best Small and Medium Workplaces™, and was named to Dun’s Best Start Up Companies to Work for Over 100 Employees. Most recently, Axonius was also named to the 2021 and 2022 Forbes Cloud 100 list of the top 100 private SaaS companies in the world, as well as named to Inc. magazine's 2022 Best Workplaces, and was ranked #3 on the 2022 Deloitte Technology Fast 500 list. Axonius has been cited as the fastest growing cybersecurity company in history by revenue.
We are growing rapidly and are looking for superstars who value growth, team, humility and winning!
Location: Anywhere in Germany - We are a remote first culture!
Key Responsibilities - Account Executive
The Account Executive will be responsible for building a business pipeline and selling the Axonius Security Asset Management platform software to Large Enterprise sized accounts across a wide range of industry verticals in the DACH marketplace. The individual will be expected to work at a high tempo and have the ability to engage in conversations with various different stakeholders ranging from IT and Security Operations, Threat & Vulnerability Management, Security Engineering as well as C-suite individuals in security and risk management. The role requires the individual to be conversant across both general IT and security terminology with some understanding of common IT and security technologies. The candidate should have a willingness to prospect via telephone and email, LinkedIn and other lead sources to accelerate penetration into accounts, identifying new Axonius software opportunities, building qualified pipeline revenue in excess of 4x the annual sales quota. The ability to orchestrate and manage the entire deal cycle to closure is critical. Working with local engineering and technical resource at Axonius is also required to present the technical aspects of the Axonius platform both in demos and proof of concepts (POCs).
The Account Executive will:
- Identify and drive targeted prospecting activities for accounts in key industry verticals
- Identify qualified opportunities and build a diverse sales pipeline with direct customers
- Manage pipeline activities including driving deals through presentations, demos and POCs; exhibit consistent deal progression to closure
- Will sell to companies that are $3 billion+ in revenue
- Identify deal stakeholders, understand budgets, procurement timeline and requirements
- Develop and manage quotes and proposals, contracts and price negotiations
- Drive deals to closure, meeting sales quota objectives
- Provide regular sales updates, including metrics for meetings, opportunities, POCs and deal closure to executive management
- Identify key stakeholders and understand their business needs and be able to articulate how Axonius can solve problems for these stakeholders
- Develop and construct business relationships with strategic Value-Added Resellers (VARs) in the market that align their product portfolio to the Axonius offering
- Work with Axonius staff to analyze target prospects and effectively prioritize and plan best approach to various industry verticals and market segments
- Gathering competitive intelligence and knowledge related to industry trends, share insights with market, product management and executive management
Education & Certification / License Credentials
- Bachelor’s degree is required
- Proven experience in cybersecurity and information technology software sales
Functional Competencies – Skills, Knowledge & Experience
- Several years of experience in sales or business development required
- A proven track record of building pipeline and closing business deals is required
- Industry background and connections in the Energy, Pharmaceutical, R&D / High Tech, Transportation, Communications and Manufacturing is preferred.
- Experience selling cybersecurity software solutions to mid-market and enterprise clients strongly preferred
- Conceptual understanding of technical security solutions and models desired
- Conceptual understanding of OT network environments preferred
- Experience with the use of Salesforce, Gmail, MS Office and Web Conferencing products required
- Meticulous attention to detail and strong follow-up skills are required
- True blend of relationship building with Channel VARs and hunter mentality for direct sales is a must
- Strong understanding of the pursuit and acquisition of cybersecurity business
- Ability to work creatively and independently, with minimal supervision
- Strong ability to qualify opportunities
- Ability to communicate both business and technical level concepts to different core audiences
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret business periodicals, professional journals or technical procedures, white papers and case studies
- Excellent written, verbal and presentation skills
Leadership, Management & Behavioral Competencies
- Ability to take the vision of the company and establish a sales strategy, objectives and action plan for the local market
- Ability to resourcefully and effectively execute and deliver on goals and action plans
- Sense of urgency to address issues right away, deal with problems, finish initiatives
- Ability to build relationships, collaborate and partner with clients to obtain confidence and trust
- Organized and creative with a focus on the growth of this venture
- Ability to adapt sales methods and tactics to various on the ground customer and market conditions
Personal Characteristics / Considerations
- Strategic thinker and resourceful individual who can think out of the box and improvise to meet the demands of changing conditions
- Projects high energy
- Directs his/her own work
- Enjoys complexity and nuance
- Collaborative; communicates and interacts with transparency
- Optimistic, engaging personality
- Exceptional analytical and reporting skills
- Has patience and perseverance
- Has can do attitude
- Commitment to high ethics
A little more about Axonius:
- We are a remote-first culture. We have offices in New York and in Tel Aviv, but the majority of our employees are working from home across the US and Internationally.
- Our people aren’t just great professionals, they are great people. We are all here to support each other, ready to help and do what’s best for the entire company.
- Focus on Career growth. We love seeing our people grow into new roles and work hard to ensure everyone sees and can realize a long term career path here at Axonius.
At Axonius we support a diverse and inclusive workplace and believe in equal employment opportunity. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives, regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, age, sex, gender identity, national origin, sexual orientation, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status.
Something looks off?