Customer Success Manager, Global SMB
At Braze, we have found our people. We’re a genuinely approachable, exceptionally kind, and intensely passionate crew.
We seek to ignite that passion by setting high standards, championing teamwork, and creating work-life harmony as we collectively navigate rapid growth on a global scale while striving for greater equity and opportunity – inside and outside our organization.
To flourish here, you must be prepared to set a high bar for yourself and those around you. There is always a way to contribute: Acting with autonomy, having accountability and being open to new perspectives are essential to our continued success. Our deep curiosity to learn and our eagerness to share diverse passions with others gives us balance and injects a one-of-a-kind vibrancy into our culture.
If you are driven to solve exhilarating challenges and have a bias toward action in the face of change, you will be empowered to make a real impact here, with a sharp and passionate team at your back. If Braze sounds like a place where you can thrive, we can’t wait to meet you.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
As a Customer Success Manager, you will work closely with agile, technology-focused brands to help them realize value from their investment in Braze. As one of the first hires in our new SMB Department, you will have the opportunity to shape how we support our customers as we build a new strategy for the future.
- Analyze and drive increased product adoption across a variety of innovating SMB accounts, empowering them to use Braze effectively and see value from our product.
- Provide recommendations to clients for adapting business processes to efficiently work with Braze.
- Develop creative ways to use our internal tools and Braze technology to efficiently and strategically manage and grow your accounts.
- Be a point of escalation for customers’ strategy, product training, and non-technical support questions. Answer strategic client questions from your client base via a queue system in Salesforce.
- Deliver Braze product expertise through delivery of check-ins and business reviews.
- Help build processes, internal enablement, and servicing tactics as we establish our strategy for supporting SMB customers.
- Partner with Account Managers to provide an excellent customer experience and to ensure commercial alignment on renewals. Own customer renewal targets for accounts in your name.
- Collaborate with Customer Onboarding Managers and other Success partners to seamlessly transition clients from onboarding to ongoing active users.
Please note this job description does not cover every duty you may need to undertake, you may be asked by your manager to handle other reasonable responsibilities commensurate with the role.
WHO YOU ARE
- You have exemplary written and verbal communication skills coupled with unparalleled follow up skills. Clients have the impression that you listen and understand their problems. Most of your communication will be written.
- You’re known for being a team player. You’re interested in mentoring your peers, lending a helping hand to cross-functional partners, and actively contributing to internal projects.
- High level of intellectual curiosity. You see opportunity and growth in learning more about what you do and how it impacts others.
- You’re excited about being a founding member of a new department. You want to help build a strong culture and are interested in growing in your career.
- You have experience managing a large number of accounts with a “Tech-Touch” rather than a “High-Touch” level of engagement.
- You welcome frequent feedback regarding your path to progressing through the organization.
- You have domain knowledge of two or more of the following: SaaS, Mobile, APIs, Marketing Automation, Direct Marketing, Marketing Analytics or Basic Programming (HTML etc.).
For candidates based in the United States, the pay range for this position at the start of employment is expected to be between $65,000 and $75,000/year with an expected On Target Earnings (OTE) between $80,000 and $95,000/year (including bonus or commission). Your exact offer may vary depending on multiple individualized factors, including market location, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. In addition to cash compensation, Braze offers full- and part- time employees a comprehensive Total Rewards package that includes equity grants of restricted stock (RSUs) so that all Braze employees own a piece of our company.
WHAT WE OFFER
From comprehensive benefits to remote availability to flexible time off, we’ve got you covered so you can prioritize work-life harmony.
- Competitive compensation that may include equity
- Retirement and Employee Stock Purchase Plans
- Flexible paid time off
- Comprehensive benefit plans covering medical, dental, vision, life, and disability
- Family services that include fertility benefits and equal paid parental leave
- Dog-friendly offices and remote availability across many global locations
- Professional development supported by formal career pathing, learning platforms, and tuition reimbursement
- Community engagement opportunities throughout the year, including an annual company wide Volunteerism Week
- Employee Resource Groups that provide supportive communities within Braze
- Collaborative, transparent, and fun culture recognized as a Great Place to Work®
Details of these benefit plans will be provided if a candidate receives an offer of employment. Benefits may vary by location.
Braze (Nasdaq: BRZE) is a leading comprehensive customer engagement platform that powers interactions between consumers and brands they love. With Braze, global brands can ingest and process customer data in real time, orchestrate and optimize contextually relevant, cross-channel marketing campaigns and continuously evolve their customer engagement strategies.
Braze is proudly certified as a Great Place to Work® in the U.S., the UK and Singapore. We ranked #1 on Great Place to Work UK’s 2023 Best Workplaces (Medium), #3 on Great Place to Work UK’s 2023 Best Workplaces for Wellbeing (Medium), #4 on Great Place to Work’s 2023 Best Workplaces in Europe (Medium), #5 on Fortune’s 2022 Best Workplaces for Millennials in the US, #10 on Great Place to Work UK’s 2023 Best Workplaces for Women (Large), #19 on Fortune’s 2023 Best Workplaces in New York (Large), and were named as a Top Achiever on Great Place to Work UK’s 2023 Best Workplaces in Tech.
You’ll find many of us at headquarters in New York City or around the world in Austin, Berlin, Chicago, Jakarta, London, Paris, San Francisco, Singapore, Sydney and Tokyo – not to mention our employees in nearly 50 remote locations.