Business Development Representative - Columbus
Coyote Logistics is a leading global third-party logistics provider that has moved the industry forward with expertise and integrity for over 15 years. Our strengths lie in our services and solutions, driven by our exceptional people. That’s why we’re committed to offering a best-in-class employee experience to our global workforce.
A Business Development Representative is responsible for selling Coyote’s transportation services to small and medium-sized customers. With a strong focus on customer service and proactive communication, they identify, acquire, maintain, and grow their book of business through building meaningful customer relationships. Business Development Representatives are results-driven and highly motivated, with the opportunity for unlimited earning potential.
Daily Tasks & Responsibilities (include, but not limited to):
- Build a book of business by researching leads, cold calling, and persuading decision-makers to utilize Coyote services; use creative and persistent methods to prospect and generate new opportunities.
- Serve as a consultative resource to customers regarding service offerings, market trends, and industry standards and effectively provide quotes considering all variable factors.
- Support daily operational needs for your customers through consistent communication and high levels of service.
- Advance your skillset through required sales training and continuous education; utilize educational resources to become subject matter experts on Coyote services and market trends.
- Meet or exceed outlined effort expectations and production metrics.
Essential Skills, Characteristics, & Experience:
- Prior sales experience preferred with a keen interest in inside sales.
- Strong negotiation skills, persuasiveness, and confidence.
- Efficient time management skills with the ability to recognize and prioritize profitable opportunities.
- Strong relationship-building skills and the ability to be a team player.
- Effective and professional written and verbal communication.
- Proactive decision-making, problem-solving ability, issue resolution skills.
- Entrepreneurial and competitive spirit, passion, self-motivation.
- Organization and attention to detail.
- Adaptability, multi-tasking ability, and sense of urgency for goal achievement.
- Persistence and resilience with the ability to maintain composure in stressful situations.
Do Well, Be Well
- Work collaboratively in our flexible hybrid model
- Comprehensive Medical, Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance coverage
- 401(k) featuring Employer Match
- Health Savings Accounts (HSAs) & Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs)
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Industry-leading mental and physical health resources
- Over $2 million invested annually in professional growth and development tools
- Free access to LinkedIn Learning to grow in your profession and gain new skills
- Paid Time Off and Paid Parental Leave
- 3 paid Community Service Days annually
- 14 employee-led Employee Resource Groups
Important Notice to US Applicants:
Coyote is an at-will employer. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Please view Equal Opportunity Posters provided by the OFCCP.