Business Development Manager
Coyote Logistics is a leading global third-party logistics provider that has moved the industry forward with expertise and integrity for over 15 years. Our strengths lie in our services and solutions, driven by our exceptional people. That’s why we’re committed to offering a best-in-class employee experience to our global workforce.
Logistics is at the heart of everything around you. As a leading third-party logistics (3PL) service provider, Coyote plays a crucial role in the global supply chain and delivery of goods across many sectors around the world, which makes us an essential business.
Powered by proprietary technology, smart people, and unrivalled commitment, Coyote’s success revolves around its vision:
We lead. We innovate. We move the world’s freight-forward
Our culture fuels our purpose daily: we eliminate inefficiencies in road transportation. Our people make Coyote what it is, which is why we prime them for career success with training programs, accessible leadership, talent development, and unique workplace perks and benefits.
The dynamic energy of our culture is rooted in relationships. We're better together and value the diverse backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives of each Coyote to enhance collaboration and problem solving between our employees around the world. From day 1 you will learn the ins and outs of our business and industry: Things move fast in logistics and as part of the UPS group you will have access to the resources needed to achieve your goals and get things done - no excuses -.
You are not just part of Coyote; we are all part of something bigger. Our Coyote Cares programs allow us to support our local communities and contribute to the greater good; From raising awareness for the Blue Heart Campaign, a UNDOC initiative fighting against human trafficking, to empowering employees with paid time off to volunteer in different causes.
The role and the team
Our team is about making things happen! You will be responsible for expanding Coyote’s customer base by helping customers move their inventory in the most cost-effective way possible. As a Business Development Manager, you will focus on mid to large size customer. We are focused on identifying how Coyote can help its customers in eliminating inefficiencies in road freight, and how to be the part of their business sustainability and growth. We refer to our customers as partners. Taking a consultative approach to sales, we want to fully understand what makes our customers tick and support them in removing inefficiencies from their supply chain through collaborative thinking, automation, and digitalization. We have yearly and monthly sales goals to deliver.
You will be joining a small yet very dynamic and collaborative team of passionate sales-professionals. The team is as successful as each team member is. Joining us, you will enter a community of professionals that truly support each other, focusing both on the Company, the team, and their personal success. Teamwork is key to success, and we use our shared knowledge and experience to ensure that we are all learning from one another and ultimately making one another successful.
- Identify prospects utilizing BAZOOKA®, web search engines, personal networking, industry publication, etc.
- Research leads to develop background for sales calls and identify decision maker.
- Cold call leads and try to breakthrough to decision maker.
- Identify needs and persuade customers to give Coyote an opportunity to service their freight.
- Effectively quote the customer considering all variable factors.
- Follow up with previously called leads in a timely manner.
- Update customer files in BAZOOKA® after each conversation.
- Maintain relationships and continue to develop existing customer accounts.
- Liaise with Customer ops to ensure loads are built and scheduled correctly with all pertinent information and documentation, loads are tracked, and incidents are updated and resolved regularly.
- Collaborate with the carrier sales department to ensure freight is covered with the best viable option.
- Maintain relationships with carriers to cover freight upon occasion.
- Understand market trends and industry standards to facilitate pricing.
- React with a sense of urgency to solve problems, escalating when necessary.
- Serve as a resource to customers regarding Coyote service offerings, market trends, industry standards.
- Effectively communicate with internal and external contacts.
Required Skills, Qualifications & Experiences
- Previous experience in Transport and logistics (either on the carrier or shipper side), freight forwarding
- Prior client facing (virtually & face to face) & sales experience required
- Good communication skills & Sales drive
- Target oriented, passion for sales and customer experience, teamwork
- Extensive experience building strong business and customer portfolio in the supply chain industry or similar.
- Onsite training and ongoing career development/ learning (LinkedIn Learning, Lean trainings…)
- Competitive base and variable pay
- Comprehensive benefits package
- Internal advancement and global opportunities for high performers
- Diverse and Inclusive environment
- Opportunities to impact the world around you through our Coyote Cares initiatives & CIT groups
Please note Coyote positions are constantly evolving & job responsibilities will enhance as you grow in your career. This document should be used as a baseline of expectations and may not include all daily responsibilities.
Do Well, Be Well
- Work collaboratively in our flexible hybrid model
- Comprehensive Medical, Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance coverage
- 401(k) featuring Employer Match
- Health Savings Accounts (HSAs) & Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs)
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Industry-leading mental and physical health resources
- Over $2 million invested annually in professional growth and development tools
- Free access to LinkedIn Learning to grow in your profession and gain new skills
- Paid Time Off and Paid Parental Leave
- 3 paid Community Service Days annually
- 14 employee-led Employee Resource Groups
Important Notice to US Applicants:
Coyote is an at-will employer. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Please view Equal Opportunity Posters provided by the OFCCP.