Sr. Key Account Manager, OEM
Donaldson is committed to solving the world’s most complex filtration challenges. Employing innovation and breakthrough solutions, we are advancing filtration for a cleaner world. We look for the best people to help us succeed, offering opportunities to learn, effect change, and make meaningful contributions at work and in our communities. This is a place where you can make a world of difference.
Follow Us on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/donaldson/
The Sr. Key Account Manager, OEM plays a critical role in providing substantial value for both Donaldson and their long-standing customers. Working with the mobile equipment industries top OEM’s, this role will be a business advisor on many high-profile projects, offering Donaldson’s industry leading filtration technology. Not only will there be an opportunity to create value by offering improvements on current products, but this role will also be able to be at the forefront of the alternative power movement, driving towards a cleaner world.
Relationship Management and Growth:
- Proactively develop, lead, and manage business with assigned accounts.
- Act as a customer advocate with a focus on improving the customer experience.
- Lead by applying Donaldson’s Strategic Account Selling framework, principles, and tools to:
- Deeply understand the customer’s business model, value drivers, care about and needs
- Build strong relationships with multiple functions and levels within the customer based on trust and respect
- Identify and collaboratively prioritize opportunities (internal/external) to create higher-order customer value (beyond the filter) and accelerate profitable growth
Account Management and Profitable Growth:
- Meet or exceed annual financial growth targets (revenue, margin) for account and ensure a robust project pipeline.
- Manage the direct sales, RFPs, product development programs, etc. of assigned customer(s)
- Collaborate with global peers to ensure partnership is adhering to a win-win model
- Execute independently the customer strategy and negotiations for your region.
- Develop and recommend market strategies, business, and action plans to improve market share and ensure long-term profitability
- Work collaboratively with cross functional teams to align Donaldson offerings and services to meet customer key care about
- Develop account forecasts and budgets and understand impact to DCI of changes
- Utilize and leverage existing CRM tools to support management of account
Travel: Up to 30%
- Bachelor’s degree in business, communications, engineering, or related field
- 5+ years of progressive sales experience, preferably in B2B
- Strong mix of hunting and farming mentality
- Previous experience managing large OEMs and ability to build strong customer relationships
- Previous experience with Microsoft Dynamics or related CRM systems
- Previous Filtration and/or Exhaust & Emissions related industry experience
- Strong verbal and written communication
- Adaptability and problem-solving skills
- Effective presentation and negotiation
- Ability to effectively set priorities by demonstrating time management
Key words: relationship management, customer engagement, strategic, key accounts, OEM
Come make a World of Difference!
Employment opportunities for positions in the United States may require use of information which is subject to the export control regulations of the United States. Hiring decisions for such positions are required by law to be made in compliance with these regulations. Applicants for employment opportunities in other countries must be able to meet the comparable export control requirements of that country and of the United States.
Our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified persons without regard to race, gender, color, disability, national origin, age, religion, union affiliation, sexual orientation, veteran status, citizenship, gender identity and/or expression, or other status protected by law.