Representative IT Service Desk I
Donaldson is committed to solving the world’s most complex filtration challenges. Employing innovation and breakthrough solutions, we are advancing filtration for a cleaner world. We look for the best people to help us succeed, offering opportunities to learn, effect change, and make meaningful contributions at work and in our communities. This is a place where you can make a world of difference.
Follow Us on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/donaldson/
This position requires top-notch internal customer-support service, with exceptional communication and customer relationship skills. Strong analytical skills, attention to detail, consistent follow-through to assure problems are resolved and ability to respond to last-minute support requests.
Provide over the phone Service Desk support to region specific language speaking technical and non-technical employees, supporting a variety of desktop, laptop, and mobile based hardware and software. This position will troubleshoot low to intermediate level incidents involving but limited to productivity, and web-based applications, Oracle R12 Applications and Processes, Operating Systems, Active Directory, and Exchange.
Key Responsibilities (Other duties may be assigned):
- With a first contact resolution goal, receive, troubleshoot and resolve incident events via telephone and ServiceNow web interface with technical and non-technical English-speaking end users.
- Incident events include, but are not limited to:
-Laptop and desktop computing hardware
-Active Directory (AD)
-Mobile Device -
-Virtual Private Network (VPN)
- Triage and escalate incident events that could not be resolved at first contact.
- Receive, delegate and deliver incoming requests from Donaldson employees.
- Escalate incidents and requests as necessary in accordance with service level agreements.
- Properly document and categorize all calls into the ServiceNow ticketing system.
- Follow and maintain ticketing system integrity policies on a daily basis.
- Prioritize incidents and requests based on Service Level Agreement (SLA).
- Ensure that customer support requests meet both IT and customer requirements.
- Identify and act on opportunities for process improvements and assist in developing appropriate processes.
- Contribute to company knowledgebase to aid in future troubleshooting.
- As needed, provide support for infrastructure projects as defined by the principal team members and management.
- Demonstrate commitment to Donaldson Core Values by leading, acting and behaving in a manner consistent with these values.
- Follow all company safety policies and procedures and attend all safety training courses related to the job.
- Bachelor’s degree in IT, related or equivalent
- 1-2 years’ Service Desk Level 1, troubleshooting and application support or equivalent experience.
- A strong dedication to quality customer service, and a working knowledge of service delivery procedures.
Technical Competencies and skill sets:
- Demonstrated experience in areas of customer service preferred.
- Previous ServiceNow experience a plus.
- Working knowledge of software and/or processes of security, databases, internet, project management, spreadsheet and word processing.
- Working knowledge of Oracle R12 application systems processes and support is preferred.
- Experience with Microsoft Windows 10, 11, and mobile operating systems. \
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Active Directory, Exchange, and the Office365 suite.
- Working knowledge of networking, including TCP/IP, firewall configuration, LAN & WAN technologies, and remote access technologies including VPN clients.
- General knowledge of business telephone system functionalities.
- CompTIA A+ & CompTIA Net+ certification preferred
- Good task management and organizational skills.
- Excellent follow-through and attention to detail.
- Strong problem-solving skills and decision-making ability.
- Ability to handle many tasks simultaneously.
- Works in a pleasant office environment with other department staff, utilizing a computer workstation and various software applications. Specific work schedule is coordinated with direct supervisor.
Others (Language, supporting region and etc)
- Strong verbal and written English
- Region-specific language skills will be advantage
- Supporting region - EMEA with working hours
Come make a World of Difference!
Employment opportunities for positions in the United States may require use of information which is subject to the export control regulations of the United States. Hiring decisions for such positions are required by law to be made in compliance with these regulations. Applicants for employment opportunities in other countries must be able to meet the comparable export control requirements of that country and of the United States.
Our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified persons without regard to race, gender, color, disability, national origin, age, religion, union affiliation, sexual orientation, veteran status, citizenship, gender identity and/or expression, or other status protected by law.