Sales Engineer I
Donaldson is committed to solving the world’s most complex filtration challenges. Employing innovation and breakthrough solutions, we are advancing filtration for a cleaner world. We look for the best people to help us succeed, offering opportunities to learn, effect change, and make meaningful contributions at work and in our communities. This is a place where you can make a world of difference.
Follow Us on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/donaldson/
- Be responsible for the sales of Industrial Air Filtration Equipment and Aftermarket products within the assigned territories, either directly to end-users, or through selling channels like distributors, resellers, OEM, etc.
- Executing business plans, sales strategies, processes, and activities to meet revenue targets (Net Sales, Standard Margins, NOP) by increasing revenue spend per customer and by identifying, developing, and closing new sales opportunities.
- Develop and expand the Equipment and Aftermarket sales in your territories, by promoting Donaldson products and solutions to meet customer’s requirement and needs while executing business growth strategies.
- Develop an understanding of products and services to better meet customer needs and effectively articulating the value of our products.
- Utilize the business tools to manage sales pipeline, track quotes, capture competitive information, and maintain accurate customer records.
- Keep well-informed of market trends, customer preferences, the actions of competitors, and the impact of governmental regulations, as a basis for recommending revisions in marketing plans and strategies for the assigned territories.
- Continually seek to promote new product ideas and applications as a basis for increasing profitable sales to new or existing customers.
- Managing relationships with internal/external contacts to work effectively to meet customers’ needs.
- Update sales metrices on a weekly, bi-weekly and monthly in folders of company SharePoint.
- Respond to customer and supervisor’s request in a timely manner.
- Any other tasks assigned by supervisor as and when required.
Key Qualifications & Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent), preferably in Engineering or related.
- At least 3 years of technical/industrial sales experience.
Technical Competence & Skills:
- Proficient in Microsoft Office tools (Excel, Word and PowerPoint), with intermediate to advance proficiency in Excel.
- Proficient in AutoCAD, NX and SolidWorks Design Tools will be a plus.
- Strong sales aptitude with excellent communication (written and verbal) and organization skills.
- Strong technical and mathematical capabilities
- Possess self-directed ability to multi-task and prioritize customer needs.
- Self-motivated, good sense of initiative, willing to learn and desire to achieve goals, solution-oriented and able to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Highly motivated, self-starting individuals who are eager to grow sales in the assigned territories and develop new customer relationships.
- Able to work under pressure.
- Filtration experience preferred but not a must.
- Project management experience preferred.
- Experienced working in a team environment.
- Experienced using a CRM system to manage customers will be a plus.
Others ( Language / Travel ):
- Proficient in English (spoken and written).
- Ability and willingness to travel.
- Ability to work in industrial environments.
Come make a World of Difference!
Employment opportunities for positions in the United States may require use of information which is subject to the export control regulations of the United States. Hiring decisions for such positions are required by law to be made in compliance with these regulations. Applicants for employment opportunities in other countries must be able to meet the comparable export control requirements of that country and of the United States.
Our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified persons without regard to race, gender, color, disability, national origin, age, religion, union affiliation, sexual orientation, veteran status, citizenship, gender identity and/or expression, or other status protected by law.