Sales Engineer Aftermarket
Donaldson is committed to solving the world’s most complex filtration challenges. Employing innovation and breakthrough solutions, we are advancing filtration for a cleaner world. We look for the best people to help us succeed, offering opportunities to learn, effect change, and make meaningful contributions at work and in our communities. This is a place where you can make a world of difference.
Follow Us on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/donaldson/
Sales Engineer Aftermarket
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Sales Engineer Aftermarket in our Industrial Air Filtration team within the UK.
Donaldson (www.donaldson.com) is a leading global manufacturer of air and liquid filtration systems and replacement parts, helping to improve people's lives, enhance the performance of our customers' machinery and equipment, and protect the environment. As a technology-driven company, our goal is to provide our customers with innovative and customized filtration solutions.
We achieve this through intensive research and development, application-related expertise, and global presence. More than 14,000 employees: inside contribute to the company's success by advising and supporting our customers at more than 140 sales companies and manufacturing plants worldwide.
Come make a World of Difference! Shape your future as a Sales Engineer Aftermarket for the UK & Ireland region at Donaldson!
The successful Sales Engineer will be a strong collaborative team player to the wider UK & Ireland team, including service, aftermarket, new equipment and engineering, as well as EMEA teams.
Key responsibilities will be:
- Your sales focus is on the aftermarket of the Industrial Air Filtration sector in the UK & Ireland region.
- Will be responsible for the independent organization, planning and administration of all sales activities with the customers and distributors assigned to you.
- After extensive training to understand our processes and products, you will develop suitable solutions for our customers.
- You will ensure customer satisfaction by maintaining regular contact with customers, responding quickly and professionally to enquiries and complaints, and following up on quotations and leads.
- Together with your international colleagues, you will contribute to consistent and profitable sales growth.
- You will also continue to expand our dealer network and convince new customers to join us
- You maintain your activities and sales opportunities in our CRM system to enable planning, reporting and forecasting.
To be successful in this position you will need to be committed, independent and proactive with a motivation for sales and drive for achieving targets. You will need to be organised and have the ability to plan your own time, and communicate well both written and verbal at all levels.
- Successfully completed commercial or technical degree or apprenticeship with qualifying work experience.
- Previous relevant professional experience in a technical field sales role
- Practical knowledge of MS Office, as well as initial experience with CRM systems is essential.
- Previous experience in dealing with and managing distributor networks and business to business would be advantageous.
- Willingness to travel for regular customer visits (UK responsibility), as well as participation in trade fairs.
- Great opportunity for a proactive, and driven individual
- Scope to actively contribute ideas and help shape improvement processes.
- Training & Development - Large learning platform, as well as external training opportunities
- Company car
- Private Health Insurance
- Company pension scheme
- Flexible working hours and opportunities for mobile working
Come make a World of Difference!
Employment opportunities for positions in the United States may require use of information which is subject to the export control regulations of the United States. Hiring decisions for such positions are required by law to be made in compliance with these regulations. Applicants for employment opportunities in other countries must be able to meet the comparable export control requirements of that country and of the United States.
Our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified persons without regard to race, gender, color, disability, national origin, age, religion, union affiliation, sexual orientation, veteran status, citizenship, gender identity and/or expression, or other status protected by law.