Sales Engineer I
Donaldson is committed to solving the world’s most complex filtration challenges. Employing innovation and breakthrough solutions, we are advancing filtration for a cleaner world. We look for the best people to help us succeed, offering opportunities to learn, effect change, and make meaningful contributions at work and in our communities. This is a place where you can make a world of difference.
Follow Us on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/donaldson/
- Full responsibility in achieving sales revenue and profit targets as set by the Strategy Plan for Process Products with focus on Life Science Business including Life Tec liquid filters and Compress Air Filtration for the assigned sales territory.
- Develop Sales Channel Mix to achieve annual targets and objectives.
- Market observation and communication of commercial and technical trends/developments.
- Establish, build and maintain relationship with target customers, including various regular touch points such as visits, business review, etc.
- Identify and understand end user application needs, convert them into opportunities, quotation and finally sales.
- Identify and develop local key accounts and follow up on global strategic accounts by sales area and market segment.
- Identify and develop distribution channels for designated products and markets, as appropriate.
- Closely communicate with regional / worldwide application engineering, seek regular support and provide regular feedback.
- Ensure proper documentation of success stories by markets.
- and application, in cooperation with application engineering.
- Provide adequate activity planning and reporting supported by the Donaldson CRM system.
- Observe trends on applications and new technologies in our target markets.
- Derive product and development recommendations in close communication with our R&D facilities.
Education Qualification and relevant experience:
- Tertiary education in Engineering, Business, Food Science or in Chemical Engineering or equivalent.
- Minimum of 3-5 years of experience in relevant applications (either filtration or food and beverage industry) with proven track record of success.
- Minimum of 3-5 years of experience in a technical sales role or appreciation of technical products in a commercial environment selling into the process industries.
Technical Competence & Skills:
- Strong sales and technical aptitude.
- Strong communication skills and strong attention to detail.
- Motivated, aggressive, competitive, high energy, independent sales professional. Eg. Visit (physically and virtually) targeted customer on a regular basis in the assigned area, minimum 10 visits per week.
- Able to establish rapport and influence.
- Strong “building-relation” and good negotiation skills, influencing and follow up skills.
- High resilience and able to handle rejection from customer.
- Team spirit to work together with the team.
- Compliance with instruction, guidance, and strategy.
- Quick learner of new culture and different environment.
- Self-starter, able to work under minimum supervision.
- Self-motivated and result orientated.
- Eager to learn, quick comprehension.
Others (% of travel, language, etc.):
- Good communication Vietnamese and English (both written and spoken).
- Regular travel in the territory is required.
- Owned a vehicle is preferable.
Come make a World of Difference!
Employment opportunities for positions in the United States may require use of information which is subject to the export control regulations of the United States. Hiring decisions for such positions are required by law to be made in compliance with these regulations. Applicants for employment opportunities in other countries must be able to meet the comparable export control requirements of that country and of the United States.
Our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified persons without regard to race, gender, color, disability, national origin, age, religion, union affiliation, sexual orientation, veteran status, citizenship, gender identity and/or expression, or other status protected by law.