Senior Executive Business Administrator (Sales)
The GitLab DevSecOps platform empowers 100,000+ organizations to deliver software faster and more efficiently. We are one of the world’s largest all-remote companies with 2,000+ team members and values that foster a culture where people embrace the belief that everyone can contribute. Learn more about Life at GitLab.
Executive Business Administrators (EBAs) at GitLab toggle seamlessly between various systems including Google Workspace, Slack, TripActions, Zoom, and GitLab to accomplish an array of tasks, while staying focused on prioritization and escalating urgent issues. EBAs at GitLab are self-driven, collaborative, and agile team members who are experienced in managing multiple priorities, juggling various responsibilities, and anticipating the executive's needs. EBAs at GitLab are exceptionally organized, relentlessly resourceful, calm under pressure, and strategic multitaskers with a deep love of logistics and the ability to thrive in a dynamic start-up environment. Because this role supports Sales VPs in the Pacific timezone, the ideal candidate will also be located within that timezone.
What you'll do in this role
- Support and work closely with two Sales VPs (who are located in the Pacific timezone)
- Own and proactively manage a complex, changing, high-volume calendar across multiple time-zones. Ensure Executive are preppared for every meeting
- Make recommendations in regard to their time management, prioritization, delegation and organization
- Seamlessly coordinate extensive domestic and international travel including air and ground transportation, hotel reservations, security, visas and other travel documentation. Accompanying the Executives when necessary.
- Event Support: Planning, coordinating, and executing Sales Quarterly Business Reviews, supporting our yearly Sales events, such as Sales Kickoff.
- Run cadence of weekly staff meetings and other important meetings, including planning agenda, organization, and follow-up on action items, while infusing our company values throughout
- Plan events such as team off-sites, team building activities and company kick-offs as needed
- Draft internal and external communications on behalf of Executives
- Assist the full life cycle of recruiting including booking interviews, liaising between the hiring team and the candidate, and coordinating onboarding of new hires
- Manage Executives email inboxes including drafting internal and external communications on behalf of them
- Compile receipts to submit timely and accurate expense reports on a monthly basis
- Schedule, live stream and moderate Group Conversations
- Provide coverage for other Sr. E-Group EBAs
- Run and lead special projects upon request
- Must be able to work flexible hours to support international business meetings and some travel is required in most roles
- Other duties as assigned in support of the business (ad hoc tasks)
- Contribute to the broader EBA community by sharing learnings, resources, and supporting EBA team camaraderie
We're looking for
- Previous 5+ years of administrative experience supporting Sales VPs at quickly-scaling or large technology companies
- Self-starter who can operate independently and move quickly from one task to another; creative problem solver, seeks "win-win" solutions; energized by challenges with superb attention to detail
- Extensive technical skills with Google Workspace, Zoom, Slack and Expensify among other tools
- Demonstrated Leadership mindset in prior roles—ability to influence culture/environment around them
- Proven leadership skills and demonstrates “one team” mindset; able to lead other EBA’s and partner well across GitLab
- Experience with event planning & coordination to include support for large meetings, off-sites and company events
- Detailed and goal-oriented planner; possesses the ability to appropriately prioritize business needs and handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment
- Approachable and effective communicator across various communication channels and with all levels of the organization
- Demonstrated ability to adopt technical tools quickly (i.e. terminal, text editor)
- Experience in a start-up environment preferred
- Experience working remotely preferred
- Bachelor's’ Degree preferred. High school diploma or general education degree (GED) required
- Ability to learn and use GitLab
- A sincere willingness to help out
Also, we know it’s tough, but please try to avoid the confidence gap. You don’t have to match all the listed requirements exactly to be considered for this role.
Country Hiring Guidelines: GitLab hires new team members in countries around the world. All of our roles are remote, however some roles may carry specific location-based eligibility requirements. Our Talent Acquisition team can help answer any questions about location after starting the recruiting process.
GitLab is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. GitLab’s policies and practices relating to recruitment, employment, career development and advancement, promotion, and retirement are based solely on merit, regardless of race, color, religion, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, lactation, sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression), national origin, age, citizenship, marital status, mental or physical disability, genetic information (including family medical history), discharge status from the military, protected veteran status (which includes disabled veterans, recently separated veterans, active duty wartime or campaign badge veterans, and Armed Forces service medal veterans), or any other basis protected by law. GitLab will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. See also GitLab’s EEO Policy and EEO is the Law. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know during the recruiting process.
Something looks off?