Sales Development Representative - ANZ
The GitLab DevSecOps platform empowers 100,000+ organizations to deliver software faster and more efficiently. We are one of the world’s largest all-remote companies with 2,000+ team members and values that foster a culture where people embrace the belief that everyone can contribute. Learn more about Life at GitLab.
GitLab is looking for an enthusiastic and strategic Sales Development Representative (SDR), to join our growing Revenue Marketing team. As a SDR at GitLab, you get the opportunity to lead the initial outreach to targeted accounts working in conjunction with the Field and Digital Marketing teams. In this role you will leverage creative marketing and sales tactics to prospect and engage with multiple buyer personas and roles to introduce GitLab’s value. You will be responsible for generating qualified meetings and pipeline for the GitLab’s Sales organization.
Don’t have a ton of knowledge about GitLab yet? Don’t worry. We have an extensive onboarding and training program at GitLab and you will be provided with necessary DevOps and GitLab knowledge to fulfill your role.
What you'll do in this role:
- Effectively manage inbound lead flow as well as executing outbound prospecting initiatives
- Conduct high-level discovery conversations in target accounts
- Meet or exceed SDR sourced Sales Accepted Opportunity (SAO) volume targets
- Collaborate with and leverage teammates to develop targeted lists, call strategies, and messaging to drive opportunities
- Utilize business and industry knowledge to research accounts, identify key players, generate interest, create/identify compelling events, and develop accounts
- Work to have a variety of touches (call, email, social, etc.) on all leads in your assigned territory using Outreach.io
- Manage, track, and report on all activities and results using Salesforce
- Participate in documenting all processes in the GitLab handbook and update as needed with your Sales Development Manager
- Work in collaboration with Field and Corporate Marketing to drive attendance at regional marketing events
- Attend field marketing events to engage with participants identify opportunities, and to schedule meetings
- Act as a mentor for new SDR hires in helping them navigate their key accounts
- Work in collaboration with Digital Marketing to develop targeted marketing tactics against your assigned target accounts
- We’re a diverse team and we’re looking for you to bring your own unique flavor to the SDR role!
You should apply if you have:
- Passion and excitement for working cross-functionally across sales and different marketing departments. You'll have exposure to different departments like Sales, Marketing, Finance, Recruiting, Enablement, Engineering, etc. which will help you determine your career path at GitLab.
- Positive and energetic phone skills, excellent listening skills, and strong writing skills
- The ability to be a self-starter, with a track record of successful, credible achievements
- Knowledge of business process, roles, and organizational structure
- Determination, with a desire to grow and win
- Proficiency in using Salesforce, LinkedIn, and Outreach.io
- 2+ years work experience in a professional environment
- Previous tech industry experience or experience in sales development, marketing and/or sales is a plus
- Outbound prospecting experience is a plus
- Excellent written and spoken English, which is our company language
- Fluency in written and spoken Japanese
- A shared interest in our values, and working in accordance with those values
Also, we know it’s tough, but please try to avoid the confidence gap. You don’t have to match all the listed requirements exactly to apply! We value diverse experience, so go for it and submit an application if GitLab sounds like a place you’d like to join.
What it’s like to work here:
The culture here at GitLab is something we’re incredibly proud of. Because GitLabbers are currently located in more than 63 different countries, you’ll spend your time collaborating with kind, talented, and motivated colleagues from across the globe. Some of the benefits you’ll be entitled to vary by the region or country you’re in. However, all GitLabbers are fully remote and receive a "no ask, must tell" paid-time-off policy, where we don’t count the number of days you take off annually. You can work incredibly flexible hours, enabled by our asynchronous approach to communication. We’ll also help you set up your home office environment, cover your home internet subscription, pay for your membership to a co-working space, and contribute to the travel costs associated with meeting other GitLab employees across the world. Also, every year or so, we all get together at our Contribute event.
To view the full job description and hiring process, please view our handbook. Additional details about our process can also be found on our hiring page.
Country Hiring Guidelines: GitLab hires new team members in countries around the world. All of our roles are remote, however some roles may carry specific location-based eligibility requirements. Our Talent Acquisition team can help answer any questions about location after starting the recruiting process.
GitLab is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. GitLab’s policies and practices relating to recruitment, employment, career development and advancement, promotion, and retirement are based solely on merit, regardless of race, color, religion, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, lactation, sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression), national origin, age, citizenship, marital status, mental or physical disability, genetic information (including family medical history), discharge status from the military, protected veteran status (which includes disabled veterans, recently separated veterans, active duty wartime or campaign badge veterans, and Armed Forces service medal veterans), or any other basis protected by law. GitLab will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. See also GitLab’s EEO Policy and EEO is the Law. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know during the recruiting process.
Something looks off?