SMB Account Executive - France
The GitLab DevSecOps platform empowers 100,000+ organizations to deliver software faster and more efficiently. We are one of the world’s largest all-remote companies with 2,000+ team members and values that foster a culture where people embrace the belief that everyone can contribute. Learn more about Life at GitLab.
SMB Account Executive - France
An overview of this role
The SMB Segment at GitLab primarily focuses on commercial companies who have between 1 and 100 employees. The companies of focus will have a HeadQuarters located in the EMEA region with the potential for a globally dispersed workforce.
The SMB AE job family covers both a new business and growth business approach. We refer to new business as ‘First Order’ and growth business as either ‘Pooled, Expand, Named or Territory’ depending on the region you are potentially working within.
As a GitLab AE you will be part of a sales team that is lead by an Areas Sales Manager for a specific region and within this team, it will be your responsibility to collaborate with your team members to drive the growth and success of GitLab here in EMEA.
What you’ll do
- Actively live and contribute to the GitLab company values
- Actively participate in the direct team and the wider SMB Segment team meetings
- Actively participate in sales skills development calls. We call this Project35
- Prepare for and conduct a 1:1 meeting with your ASM on a weekly basis
- Prepare for and conduct a sales forecast meeting with your ASM on a weekly basis
- Self learning to develop your knowledge on the DevSecOps industry
- Continually develop your sales territory to maintain accuracy of knowledge in relation to your account base
- Utilise the GitLab defined R7 process in order to attain sales excellence
- Exercise Executive communication & presentation skills to both GitLab customers, prospects, partners and internal team members
- Engage with your wider business partners to achieve collaborative stakeholder management
- Conduct sales calls engaging with varying personas in the account base in your territory
- Conduct sales meetings to understand the customers IT environment, Utilisation of Cloud, Software Tool Chain along with their use today and future use of GitLab . We refer to these as (ii) meetings
- Conduct sales related activities with GitLab channel partners to collaborate on specific sales related and territory growth activities
- To increase your working knowledge of the customers utilisation of GitLab
- To increase your working knowledge of your customers DevSecOps Tool chain and their approach to building a Software Development LifeCycle
What you’ll bring
- Excellent spoken and written English and European languages for regional roles
- Closing sales experience preferred
- Can demonstrate they have come from a structured learning environment with formal sales training in the basics of managing a company and sales cycle
- More than one previous sales related job - this can be one or more roles within the same company or across multiple companies
- Ability to collaborate with colleagues on company growth initiatives
- Ability to learn about the DevSecOps industry
- Ability to demonstrate past performance activities
- Ability to work in a safe working environment
- Access to your own remote office space. This can be within your dwelling or at a location of your choice. Co-working is encouraged.
- Ability to be a manager of one
SMB AE tooling utilised
In order to execute in the role as a GitLab AE you will be required to ustilise the following tooling. Experience with these tools preferred but not a necessity. Training will be provided as required.
- Salesforce.com CRM system for account management activities
- Chorus for call recording and call coaching
- Zoura Billing for quote creation
- Outreach for Sales related customer engagement
- Google Suite for communication and documentation
- Slack for internal communication and collaboration
About the team
Further information on the role can be found here - https://handbook.gitlab.com/job-families/sales/account-executive/
How GitLab will support you
- Benefits to support your health, finances, and well-being
- All remote, asynchronous work environment
- Flexible Paid Time Off
- Team Member Resource Groups
- Equity Compensation & Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Growth and development budget
- Parental leave
- Home office support
Please note that we welcome interest from candidates with varying levels of experience; many successful candidates do not meet every single requirement. Additionally, studies have shown that people from underrepresented groups are less likely to apply to a job unless they meet every single qualification. If you're excited about this role, please apply and allow our recruiters to assess your application.
Country Hiring Guidelines: GitLab hires new team members in countries around the world. All of our roles are remote, however some roles may carry specific location-based eligibility requirements. Our Talent Acquisition team can help answer any questions about location after starting the recruiting process.
GitLab is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. GitLab’s policies and practices relating to recruitment, employment, career development and advancement, promotion, and retirement are based solely on merit, regardless of race, color, religion, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, lactation, sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression), national origin, age, citizenship, marital status, mental or physical disability, genetic information (including family medical history), discharge status from the military, protected veteran status (which includes disabled veterans, recently separated veterans, active duty wartime or campaign badge veterans, and Armed Forces service medal veterans), or any other basis protected by law. GitLab will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. See also GitLab’s EEO Policy and EEO is the Law. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know during the recruiting process.