Sr. Technical Sales Enablement Program Manager
The GitLab DevSecOps platform empowers 100,000+ organizations to deliver software faster and more efficiently. We are one of the world’s largest all-remote companies with 2,000+ team members and values that foster a culture where people embrace the belief that everyone can contribute. Learn more about Life at GitLab.
Remote, Western Europe
An overview of this role
As an individual contributor reporting to the Sr Director of Global Field Enablement, you will build and deploy product enablement programs and training curricula to help our customer-facing field teams build a deeper technical understanding of our product use cases, effectively demonstrate and clearly differentiate our platform capabilities, and successfully articulate the power of GitLab’s AI-Powered DevSecOps platform.
In this role, you will partner with Technical Marketing, Product Marketing and Management, Solutions Architecture & Field CTO, Customer Success, Customer Education, and various other field team members to build quantitatively measurable product enablement for our customer-facing teams.
If you are a builder, if you enjoy working with technical go-to-market teams, and if experiential lab-based training and scenario-based enablement sounds exciting, then you should apply.
What you’ll do
- Build and define technical sales capability models and product knowledge skills matrices for multiple roles (Account Executives, Customer Success Managers, Solution Architects, and Professional Services)
- Build, deploy, maintain, and report on blended learning solutions and pathways by role (digital self-service, experiential/labs, instructor-led workshops, assessments, and technical accreditations).
- Run bi-annual (2x per year) self and manager skills assessments mapped to the skills matrices and report on the continuous progress improvements and opportunities or skill gaps.
- Create and manage a repository of consumable product training, demo videos, labs and workshops, and other resources for digital self-service consumption.
- Collaborate regularly with Customer Success, Solutions Architecture, Technical Marketing, and Customer Education teams to align on product enablement plans and learning paths.
- Analyze and report on the success of all product enablement programs and training, including business outcomes like use case adoption, effective proof of value and trial execution, pipeline generation, product competitive differentiation and customer messaging (at scale), and efficient pipeline stage progression.
- Build manager coaching resources and accreditations for scaled on-the-job reinforcement and sustainment.
- Maintain in-depth knowledge of the entire GitLab application and use cases.
What you’ll bring
- 7+ years experience building product enablement programs and curricula for B2B enterprise sales and/or experience in a technical software sales or a technical sales enablement role, solutions engineering or architecture teams, preferably with expertise in DevOps and/or Open Source software
- Introductory knowledge and subject matter familiarity with modern software development and their associated technologies
- Knowledge of the end-to-end software development lifecycle, security and governance, and continuous integration and continuous deployment, is a plus
- Ability to use GitLab and willing to work with Git and GitLab whenever possible
- Experience writing technical documentation and building experiential learning programs using virtual lab environments
- Strong technical, analytical, and problem-solving skills
- Self-manages workload to meet deadlines and prioritize accordingly
- Strong collaboration skills and ability to gather feedback and build consensus with multiple stakeholders
- Detailed oriented and analytical
About the team
The GitLab Field Enablement team exists to inspire our field and partners to achieve high levels of success through the acquisition and application of knowledge, skills and behaviors - at scale - that improve productivity and accelerate customer outcomes & growth. We have a lot of fun doing this!
Thanks to our Transparency value, you can learn more about our Field Enablement strategy and programs on our Field Enablement Team Handbook page.
How GitLab will support you
- Benefits to support your health, finances, and well-being
- All remote, asynchronous work environment
- Flexible Paid Time Off
- Team Member Resource Groups
- Equity Compensation & Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Growth and development budget
- Parental leave
- Home office support
Please note that we welcome interest from candidates with varying levels of experience; many successful candidates do not meet every single requirement. Additionally, studies have shown that people from underrepresented groups are less likely to apply to a job unless they meet every single qualification. If you're excited about this role, please apply and allow our recruiters to assess your application.
Country Hiring Guidelines: GitLab hires new team members in countries around the world. All of our roles are remote, however some roles may carry specific location-based eligibility requirements. Our Talent Acquisition team can help answer any questions about location after starting the recruiting process.
GitLab is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. GitLab’s policies and practices relating to recruitment, employment, career development and advancement, promotion, and retirement are based solely on merit, regardless of race, color, religion, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, lactation, sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression), national origin, age, citizenship, marital status, mental or physical disability, genetic information (including family medical history), discharge status from the military, protected veteran status (which includes disabled veterans, recently separated veterans, active duty wartime or campaign badge veterans, and Armed Forces service medal veterans), or any other basis protected by law. GitLab will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. See also GitLab’s EEO Policy and EEO is the Law. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know during the recruiting process.