Manager, Commercial Sales, Grammarly for Education
Grammarly is excited to offer a remote-first hybrid working model. Team members work primarily remotely in the United States, Canada, Ukraine, Germany, or Poland. Certain roles have specific location requirements to facilitate collaboration at a particular Grammarly hub.
All roles have an in-person component: Conditions permitting, teams meet 2–4 weeks every quarter at one of Grammarly’s hubs in San Francisco, Kyiv, New York, Vancouver, and Berlin, or in a workspace in Kraków. This flexible approach gives team members the best of both worlds: plenty of focus time along with in-person collaboration that fosters trust and unlocks creativity.
Grammarly team members in this role will collaborate in person 4 weeks per quarter, traveling if necessary to different hubs. They are required to live within a commutable distance of their home hub of San Francisco. Grammarly may provide relocation assistance.
Grammarly is the world’s leading AI writing assistance company trusted by over 30 million people and 70,000 professional teams every day. From instantly creating a first draft to perfecting every message, Grammarly’s product offerings help people at 96% of the Fortune 500 get their point across—and get results. Grammarly has been profitable for over a decade because we’ve stayed true to our values and built an enterprise-grade product that’s secure, reliable, and helps people do their best work—without selling their data. We’re proud to be one of Inc.’s best workplaces, a Glassdoor Best Place to Work, one of TIME’s 100 Most Influential Companies, and one of Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies in AI.
To achieve our ambitious goals, we’re looking for a Manager, Commercial Sales, to join our Grammarly for Education team. This person will lead a team and establish relationships with the largest and most influential institutions in Education, with a primary focus on higher education in the United States. They will report directly to the Head of Sales, Grammarly for Education, and will work to evolve the commercial selling motion. This person will play a key role in building our Education Sales team and helping us to achieve our ambitious growth goals for 2024 and beyond.
Grammarly’s vision is to build Grammarly for Education as a thriving business that positions Grammarly as the trusted tool for communication in education. This is a frontline leadership role focused on optimizing Grammarly’s sales approach for institutions in K-20 with a deep focus on Higher Education in the United States.
As a Manager, Commercial Sales, you’ll work with leadership and marketing to unlock new education partnerships, refine our go-to-market narrative, and deliver consistent performance while representing the best of Grammarly’s values and operating principles. Within a year, you will have created a scalable sales process that brings hundreds of thousands of new users to Grammarly through high-impact partners in education.
In this role, you will:
- Demonstrate precision in go-to-market sales motion by managing and coaching AEs and maintaining a consistent, high-performance standard.
- Develop practices that improve the efficiency and outcome of AEs.
- Drive success of higher education customers in the United States by strategic coaching and direction to the AEs.
- Refine the messaging and positioning of Grammarly for Education.
- Inform the product roadmap for Grammarly for Education to unlock faster growth.
- Help grow a successful end-to-end revenue machine, with a commitment to pipe build and execution of deals, with predictive and consistent results.
- Collaborate with Customer Success, Marketing, and other sales leaders to ensure the customer experience with the commercial team can be leveraged with additional customers.
We’re looking for someone who
- Embodies our EAGER values—is ethical, adaptable, gritty, empathetic, and remarkable.
- Is inspired by our MOVE principles, which are the blueprint for how things get done at Grammarly: move fast and learn faster, obsess about creating customer value, value impact over activity, and embrace healthy disagreement rooted in trust.
- Is able to collaborate in person in San Francisco and potentially other hubs 4 weeks per quarter.
- Has 3+ years of experience leading high-performance sales teams.
- Has a strong understanding of the education industry and buying motion.
- Has deep experience working in high-growth start-up environments.
- Has a passion for coaching and mentorship with experience in performance management.
- Has experience working cross-functionally with marketing, product, and customer success teams.
Support for you, professionally and personally
- Professional growth: We believe that autonomy and trust are key to empowering our team members to do their best, most innovative work in a way that aligns with their interests, talents, and well-being. We support professional development and advancement with training, coaching, and regular feedback.
- A connected team: Grammarly builds a product that helps people connect, and we apply this mindset to our own team. Our remote-first hybrid model enables a highly collaborative culture supported by our EAGER (ethical, adaptable, gritty, empathetic, and remarkable) values. We work to foster belonging among team members in a variety of ways. This includes our employee resource groups, Grammarly Circles, which promote connection among those with shared identities, such as BIPOC and LGBTQIA+ team members, women, and parents. We also celebrate our colleagues and accomplishments with global, local, and team-specific programs.
Compensation and benefits
Grammarly offers all team members competitive pay along with a benefits package encompassing the following and more:
- Excellent health care (including a wide range of medical, dental, vision, mental health, and fertility benefits)
- Disability and life insurance options401(k) matching (US only)
- Paid parental leave
- Twenty days of paid time off per year, eleven days of paid holidays per year, and unlimited sick days
- Home office stipends
- Caregiver and pet care stipends
- Wellness stipends
- Admission discounts
- Learning and development opportunities
Grammarly takes a market-based approach to compensation, which means base pay may vary depending on your location. Our US and Canada locations are categorized into compensation zones based on each geographic region’s cost of labor index. For more information about our compensation zones and locations where we currently support employment, please refer to this page.
Base pay may vary considerably depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. The expected salary ranges for this San Francisco-based position are outlined below and may be modified in the future.
The commission portion for this role will be 40% of the On-Target Earning (OTE). The market-based compensation differentials will be applied only to base pay for commission-eligible team members.
We encourage you to apply
At Grammarly, we value our differences, and we encourage all—especially those whose identities are traditionally underrepresented in tech organizations—to apply. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, ancestry, national origin, citizenship, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, political belief, or any other characteristic protected by law. Grammarly is an equal opportunity employer and a participant in the US federal E-Verify program (US). We also abide by the Employment Equity Act (Canada).
Please note that EEOC is optional and specific to US-based candidates.
All team members meeting in person for official Grammarly business or working from a hub location are strongly encouraged to be vaccinated against COVID-19.