Business Development Representative
The Business Development Representative’s (BDR) goal is to fill the Sales team’s pipeline with qualified opportunities. The BDR role is instrumental in the success and growth of the business and gives individuals ample opportunity to use your personality & creative/strategic thinking abilities to directly influence conversations with our prospects. The BDR role is designed to provide individuals with hands-on experience in a fast-paced start-up environment where things are constantly changing and evolving. Success in this role will lead to internal opportunities in Sales, Client Experience, Marketing, Partnerships, Strategic Accounts, etc. within 12-24 months. BDRs will be required to spend 1-2 days per week in the NYC office.
- Develop new relationships through phone, email, and social media communications in order to establish meetings with senior level decision makers in companies that could benefit from what we have to offer
- Assess the prospect's needs, identify and build upon pain points, explain Movable Ink solutions, and qualify/disqualify prospects on introduction/discovery calls and meetings to then hand off for your Account Executive to begin their sales process
- Work with your Account Executive to build and maintain a healthy sales pipeline
- Take & log organized notes, build out presentation decks, gather contact information & nurture contacts post-opportunity
- Research accounts and prospects thoroughly, identifying pain points, company-wide initiatives, and director-level objectives in order to formulate an outreach and execution strategy with your Account Executive
- Build mock-ups for prospects that illustrate how Movable Ink can provide additional value beyond what they’re currently doing
- Utilize our sales database and prospecting tools to manage your pipeline and maintain accurate information about suspects, prospects, and their companies
- Able to commit to 1-2 days per week in the NYC office
- Self-motivation and the desire to work successfully in a fast-paced, highly strategic sales environment
- Experience with prioritization and organization in a professional environment; both in person and remotely
- Proven ability to collaborate effectively with colleagues, management, and other departments
- 1+ years of experience in a marketing or sales development role preferred, but not required
The base pay for this position is $55,000 USD/year, which can include additional on-target commission pay/bonus. The base pay offered may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. Stock options and other incentive pay may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, depending on the position ultimately offered.
Studies have shown that women, communities of color, and historically underrepresented people are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single qualification. We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive culture where all Inkers can thrive. If you’re excited about the role but don’t meet all of the abovementioned qualifications, we encourage you to apply. Our differences bring a breadth of knowledge and perspectives that makes us collectively stronger.
We welcome and employ people regardless of race, color, gender identity or expression, religion, genetic information, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, ethnicity, family or marital status, physical and mental ability, political affiliation, disability, Veteran status, or other protected characteristics. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.