Senior Sales Director
Sales & Business Development
Toronto, ON, Canada
Posted on Wednesday, May 17, 2023
Ogury, the global leader in personified advertising, has created a breakthrough advertising engine that delivers comprehensive audience interests, brand performance, privacy protection and sustainability within one technology stack, built and optimised for mobile. Advertisers working with Ogury benefit from fully visible impactful ads, future-proof targeting and unwavering protection. Publishers enjoy the rewards of a respectful user experience, incremental revenues and premium demand with Ogury’s solutions. Founded in 2014, Ogury is a global organisation with 500+ people, including 100 engineers across 16 countries.
About the Role
This is an exciting opportunity for someone to take the Canadian sales office for Ogury to the next level. They will build core strategy, upleveling existing relationships, and customising for the Canadian market our global Hold Co. partnerships, initial client onboarding, revenue and subsequent growth of the Canadian operation. This role will suit someone who has built and managed sales teams previously, and relishes the opportunity to be part of a country launch and build something from the ground up. You will be excited at the prospect of taking on the challenge that a new market brings and making sure that Ogury’s solution becomes a success in another country.
The Sr. Director will work with the team to identify, source, pitch, define, negotiate, close and manage digital advertising revenue in Canada. You will be a subject matter expert in the marketplace, working to educating the marketplace about Ogury's unique offerings
This is a hybrid role and will sit in our Toronto office. You will report directly to the VP of Sales, Americas.
What You'll Do:
- Achieve the regional revenue goals.
- Use relationships with main clients where Ogury is already working with them in other markets to get them to onboard with Ogury Canada.
- Raise awareness of Ogury in the local market by client entertainment, marketing, speaking engagements, conferences, and charity.
- Design hiring strategy to methodically cover priority Canada geographical areas, as and the clients and agencies within assigned territories.
- Build a team from the ground up and fill management gaps through training individuals and teams
- Prepare and implement comprehensive business plans to facilitate achievement by planning cost-effective operations and market development activities.
- Ensure that your business is building commercial relationships with regional brands and agencies.
- Improve partnerships and commercial agreements with holding companies offices in Canada..
- Oversee the regional budget and P&L, manage operation costs, identify cost-savings, allocate resources, monitor financial activities.
- Work with Leadership to boost our brand presence, finding creative ways to strengthen its profile.
Who You Are:
- Experience a sales leadership role where you have built and managed sales teams, and have been selling an ad-tech solution into brands or agencies.
- You have a solid network in the advertising space (main holding companies and brands direct) and can use these contacts to build commercial partnerships.
- You have led and managed teams before with experience being the lead for a regional office, with at >3 years of experience.
- You have build Go-to-market strategies.
- You understand the operational processes of running a sales business and work with cross-functional teams
- Decision making ability, you take accountability for yourself and your team and the office.
- Prior experience creating trade deals in agencies.
- Experience of the Canadian market.
In compliance with Pay Transparency Act, the annual salary is CAD $407K - $435K OTE.
Ogury is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace dedicated to pursuing and hiring a diverse workforce
See more open positions at Ogury
Something looks off?