Head of Customer Success
Customer Service, Sales & Business Development
Posted on Friday, September 22, 2023
OpsLevel is the leading internal developer portal designed to help engineering teams build, ship, and maintain software better than ever. We believe that developer portals are the linchpin to a successful developer experience. With customers like Duolingo, Sotheby's, Keller Williams, and Convoy, we know that the best businesses in the world prioritize a great developer experience in order to beat the competition.
We're a team of folks who care deeply about the daily lives of developers. OpsLevelers live our company values on a daily basis and when we’re not heads-down on a project or collaborating in real-time over Zoom, we're competing in trivia over lunch or sharing the latest fur baby photo in #pets-to-make-you-live-longer.
Our culture and values are very important and ground us in how we interact as one team:
Empathy - Think of others; think of your users
Growth Mindset - Get comfortable with being uncomfortable
Intellectual Honesty - The best solution is more important than anyone's ego
Focus & Efficiency - Keep the main thing the main thing
About the Role
At OpsLevel, Customer Success consists of Customer Success Managers (CSMs), and Customer Success Engineers (CSEs), who partner together to play a key role in ensuring long-term retention and growth. The Head of Customer Success will be tasked with building and managing a team that is expected to assist customers with achieving business outcomes. This is a full-time North America-based remote position reporting to our CEO.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Build and manage all aspects of OpsLevel’s rapidly scaling Customer Success function, globally.
- Coach and develop the team to deliver a world class customer success experience.
- Define and design a customer journey, including key customer interactions and expected value propositions and metrics for each.
- Develop playbooks for key phases of the customer journey including Onboarding, Adoption, Renewal, and Expansion.
- Bring the voice of the customer to OpsLevel as you partner with engineering, marketing, and product to deliver a best-in-class customer experience.
- Measure, report, and analyze account health, playbook progress, account sentiment in order to optimize the customer journey continuously through innovative practices focused on driving adoption, retention, and expansion.
- Analyze churn and develop a deep understanding of churn drivers and develop churn mitigation strategies.
- Manage operational dashboards to monitor changes in performance and customer health. Produce weekly, monthly, and quarterly reporting as required.
- Develop, measure, and maintain operational excellence for the Customer Success team including Key Performance Indicators (KPIs).
- Develop and present strategies to executive leadership on topics such as improved adoption, reduced time-to-value and influencing of customer expansion.
- Design, develop, and launch specialized engagement models for OpsLevel’s various customer segments, including high-touch, scaled and digital delivery playbooks and processes.
- Monitor, track, and report on escalation paths for customer requests and develop processes to ensure follow-up with customer escalations, issue resolution, customer satisfaction, and internal product prioritization.
- Establish, measure, and monitor KPIs and metrics to track team goals and drive operational efficiency with a focus on product adoption, customer health, and advocacy.
- Drive strategic initiatives such as developing best practices documentation, playbooks, and customer enablement opportunities.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to advocate for customers and to improve overall customer experience.
What You Bring
- 5+ years of management experience in organizations with a strong brand of outstanding customer success.
- Ability to build and scale foundational processes, as well as deep familiarity with setting up operations and tooling.
- Demonstrated ability to flourish in globally distributed teams.
- Customer-focused mindset, with strong advocacy to ensure customer issues are resolved with urgency.
- Proven ability to work with cross-functional teams to improve the customer experience.
- Creative, analytical and results-driven orientation, demonstrated through the ability to draw conclusions, themes, and trends from data analysis, make recommendations on findings and communicate results effectively.
- Experience with long term business planning and strategy setting at the executive leadership level.
- Experience with executive stakeholder management and a strong executive presence.
- Ability to travel up to 25% of the time when needed.
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced startup environment
- Experience working with technical customers in the software development or DevOps domains
- Collaborative and team-focused, with a willingness to take initiative
- Preferred: Experience guiding enterprise organizations through transformational change in technical domains
We offer market-leading compensation, including equity, based on the skill set and aptitude of the candidate.
"Should I apply?" - Yes!
If you meet some or most of what we're looking for, we want to hear from you, and if you’re unsure - apply anyways!
What do I need to interview with OpsLevel?
Not much! A working web camera, microphone, and (ideally) a quiet place with minimal background noise.
We are building an inclusive and welcoming workplace where employees feel appreciated, valued and free to be who they are regardless of their gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, age, neurodiversity, disability status, citizenship, or any other aspect which makes them unique.
OpsLevel is committed to developing a barrier-free recruitment process and work environment. If you require any accommodation, please let us know and we’ll work with you to meet your accessibility needs.