Director of Sales, Majors
Are you a skilled sales leader who is passionate about leading, engaging and mentoring one of our Commercial Sales teams?
Every Commercial Sales team is in charge of our new customer acquisition and driving customer expansion in a geographic territory.
You as a sales leader will be responsible for leading and developing a high performing sales team. Also, you will be a valuable contributor to the sales strategy, leading implementation and driving execution to achieve corporate objectives.
The individual should possess a proven business-to-business application sales and management history preferably in a technical SaaS company.
How You Impact Our Vision
- Lead a growing team of Account Executives
- Attract, hire, coach, on-board and retain top sales talent
- Assist Account Executives in strategizing, negotiating and closing complex transactions
- Direct daily and weekly activities, pipelines, forecasts and closed deals to ensure above-quota results based on successful pipeline management
- Synchronize and lead weekly and monthly one-on-one and team-wide pipeline reviews, meetings and training sessions to ensure ongoing improvement and best practice sharing
- Be a change agent within PagerDuty, help define new models and processes to grow our business
- Work closely with an extended team of Sales Development Representatives, Sales Engineers, Marketing and others
- 7+ years of on-quota, B2B sales experience with strong preference for SaaS experience
- A minimum of 4 years of leading individual contributor sales people to success
- Experience in selling and / or leading teams who sell to a technical audience
- A successful history of closing business, selling new licenses/subscriptions to IT and lines of business owners and over-achieving quota
- Exhibit ability to coach, mentor and develop sales talent
- A track record of accurately forecasting sales results
- The ability to work in a fast-growing and dynamic environment
- Reciprocal spirit and communication skills
- A 4 year university/college degree (required)
The base salary range for this position is 119,000 - 182,000 USD. This role may also be eligible for bonus, commission, equity, and benefits.
Our base salary ranges are determined by role, level, and location. The range, which is subject to change based on primary work location, reflects the minimum and maximum base salary we expect to pay newly hired employees for the position. Within the range, we determine pay for an individual based on a number of factors including market location, job-related knowledge, skills/competencies and experience.
Your recruiter can share more about the specific offerings for this role, as well as the salary range for your primary work location during the hiring process.
Not sure if you qualify?
Apply anyway! We extend opportunities to a broad array of candidates, including those with diverse workplace experiences and backgrounds. Whether you're new to the corporate world, returning to work after a gap in employment, or simply looking to take the next step in your career path, we are excited to connect with you.
Where we work
PagerDuty currently has offices in Atlanta, Lisbon, London, San Francisco, Sydney, Tokyo, and Toronto, with remote opportunities in those cities and Chile. We offer a hybrid, flexible workplace, while also providing ample opportunities for in-person and virtual connection with your fellow Dutonians.
How we work
Our values are deeply embedded in how we operate and the people we bring on board. You will see our values ingrained in how we support our customers, collaborate with our colleagues, develop our products and foster an inclusive and empathetic work culture.
- Champion the Customer | Put users first to design great products and experiences.
- Run Together | Build strong teams that amplify our impact on users.
- Take the Lead | Disrupt and invent to be the first choice for users.
- Ack + Own | Take ownership and action to deliver more efficiently to users.
- Bring Your Self | Bring your best self to build empathy and trust with users.
What we offer
One way we ensure our employees are inspired to do their best is through a comprehensive total rewards approach that supports them and their loved ones. As a global organization, our programs are competitive with industry standards and aligned with local laws and regulations.
Your package may include:
- Competitive salary and company equity
- Comprehensive benefits package from day one
- Flexible work arrangements
- ESPP (Employee Stock Purchase Program)
- Retirement or pension plan
- Paid parental leave - up to 22 weeks for pregnant parent, up to 12 weeks for non-pregnant parent (some countries have longer leave standards and we comply with local laws)
- Generous paid vacation time
- Paid holidays and sick leave
- Paid volunteer time off - 20 hours per year
- Bi-annual company-wide hack weeks
- Mental wellness programs
- Dutonian Wellness Days & Midyear Wellness Week - scheduled company-wide paid days off in addition to PTO and scheduled holidays
HibernationDuty - a week each year when everyone at PagerDuty, with the exception of a small, coverage crew, is asked to take a much needed break to truly disconnect and recharge
PagerDuty, Inc. (NYSE:PD) is a leader in digital operations management. In an always-on world, organizations of all sizes trust PagerDuty to help them deliver a better digital experience to their customers, every time. Teams use PagerDuty to identify issues and opportunities in real time and bring together the right people to fix problems faster and prevent them in the future. Notable customers include Cisco, Cox Automotive, DoorDash, Electronic Arts, Genentech, Shopify, Zoom and more.
Led by CEO Jennifer Tejada, two-thirds of the PagerDuty board is classified as non-white, with women making up nearly half of all board members. We strive to build a more equitable world by investing 1% each of company equity, product, and employee volunteer time.
PagerDuty is Great Place to Work-certified™, a Fortune Best Place to Work for Women, and a top rated product on TrustRadius and G2.
Go behind-the-scenes @pagerdutylife on Instagram.
PagerDuty is committed to creating a diverse environment and is an equal opportunity employer. PagerDuty does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, parental status, veteran status, or disability status.
PagerDuty is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities in our job application process. Should you require accommodation, please email email@example.com and we will work with you to meet your accessibility needs.
PagerDuty uses the E-Verify employment verification program.
Something looks off?