Director, APJ Customer Success Group
PagerDuty is seeking an experienced leader to help evolve our Asia Pacific and Japan Customer Success organization, driving revenue growth and adoption of our technology. Reporting directly to the Chief Customer Officer, this role will own Customer Success, Support, Services and Renewals. This person will have the opportunity to design and expand PagerDuty’s presence in the region from Incident Response to Operations Cloud, focused on partnering with our largest and most strategic customers to the smallest customers.
- Lead, manage and expand the existing regional post sales team including Customer Support, Customer Success, and Professional services. This includes recruiting, hiring, training and transforming the organization to drive Operations Cloud.
- Nurture and enhance the team culture with sales and post-sales operating as “one team.”
- Be a trusted advisor and engage with customers at executive levels.
- Partner with Renewals, PagerDuty University and Data Science teams to achieve targeted Customer outcomes and business value.
- Accelerate closing of large transactions by collaborating with sales & customers to plan “Journeys to Success” on large scale deployments which include Professional Services, Premium Support, PagerDuty University & Customer Success Management resources.
- Prioritize & orchestrate post-sales resources to maximize revenue and minimize churn/downgrade inclusive of Customer Success manager and services-led engagements.
- Source expansion revenue opportunities through customer engagement with Customer Success Management or Professional Services teams.
- Be the regional champion for the Customer, acting as a figurehead for PagerDuty’s Customer Community by partnering with marketing to develop & promote customer use cases & references. In addition, being the conduit for providing the voice of the customer to Product Development.
- The success metrics in this role will include churn and downgrades, net expansion and operating margin.
- 10-15 years of experience in a customer facing role with 3+ years management experience in Customer Success organizations.
- Proven track record of managing Customer Success cross-functional teams to deliver top line recurring revenue in a fast-paced SaaS company, inclusive of local and global stakeholders.
- Strong technical aptitude and experience in DevOps environments.
- Drive for building key, long term customer relationships across customer organizations from C-Level to Technical Lead roles.
- Experienced in executing Enterprise Digital Transformation & Cloud Migrations.
- Bachelor's Degree in Technology/Science
- Masters or MBA
- Competent in Agile, Scrum, DevOps environments.
- Ability to prioritize & execute within a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
- Strong analytical skills with ability to interpret & present data to both internal and external partners.
- Attention to detail when overseeing the commercial aspect of the role; Statements of Work, customer proposals, deployment and enablement plans.
- Excellent communicator who is able to effectively partner with key local and global stakeholders to develop compelling recommendations and drive outcomes.
Not sure if you qualify?
Apply anyway! We extend opportunities to a broad array of candidates, including those with diverse workplace experiences and backgrounds. Whether you're new to the corporate world, returning to work after a gap in employment, or simply looking to take the next step in your career path, we are excited to connect with you.
Where we work
PagerDuty currently has offices in Atlanta, Lisbon, London, San Francisco, Sydney, Tokyo, and Toronto, with remote opportunities in those cities and Chile. We offer a hybrid, flexible workplace, while also providing ample opportunities for in-person and virtual connection with your fellow Dutonians.
How we work
Our values are deeply embedded in how we operate and the people we bring on board. You will see our values ingrained in how we support our customers, collaborate with our colleagues, develop our products and foster an inclusive and empathetic work culture.
- Champion the Customer | Put users first to design great products and experiences.
- Run Together | Build strong teams that amplify our impact on users.
- Take the Lead | Disrupt and invent to be the first choice for users.
- Ack + Own | Take ownership and action to deliver more efficiently to users.
- Bring Your Self | Bring your best self to build empathy and trust with users.
What we offer
One way we ensure our employees are inspired to do their best is through a comprehensive total rewards approach that supports them and their loved ones. As a global organization, our programs are competitive with industry standards and aligned with local laws and regulations.
Your package may include:
- Competitive salary and company equity
- Comprehensive benefits package from day one
- Flexible work arrangements
- ESPP (Employee Stock Purchase Program)
- Retirement or pension plan
- Paid parental leave - up to 22 weeks for pregnant parent, up to 12 weeks for non-pregnant parent (some countries have longer leave standards and we comply with local laws)
- Generous paid vacation time
- Paid holidays and sick leave
- Paid volunteer time off - 20 hours per year
- Bi-annual company-wide hack weeks
- Mental wellness programs
- Dutonian Wellness Days & Midyear Wellness Week - scheduled company-wide paid days off in addition to PTO and scheduled holidays
HibernationDuty - a week each year when everyone at PagerDuty, with the exception of a small, coverage crew, is asked to take a much needed break to truly disconnect and recharge
PagerDuty, Inc. (NYSE:PD) is a leader in digital operations management. In an always-on world, organizations of all sizes trust PagerDuty to help them deliver a better digital experience to their customers, every time. Teams use PagerDuty to identify issues and opportunities in real time and bring together the right people to fix problems faster and prevent them in the future. Notable customers include Cisco, Cox Automotive, DoorDash, Electronic Arts, Genentech, Shopify, Zoom and more.
Led by CEO Jennifer Tejada, two-thirds of the PagerDuty board is classified as non-white, with women making up nearly half of all board members. We strive to build a more equitable world by investing 1% each of company equity, product, and employee volunteer time.
PagerDuty is Great Place to Work-certified™, a Fortune Best Place to Work for Women, and a top rated product on TrustRadius and G2.
Go behind-the-scenes @pagerdutylife on Instagram.
PagerDuty is committed to creating a diverse environment and is an equal opportunity employer. PagerDuty does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, parental status, veteran status, or disability status.
PagerDuty is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities in our job application process. Should you require accommodation, please email email@example.com and we will work with you to meet your accessibility needs.
PagerDuty uses the E-Verify employment verification program.
Something looks off?