Account Executive, Mid Market - SLED
Overview of the Role
PagerDuty is seeking a Mid Market Account Executive with experience selling SaaS products to State & Local Governments, and Educational clients to join our diverse, customer-focused team! As a SLED Mid Market Account Executive, you will report to a Sales Leader of Commercial Sales. We are seeking a dynamic sales champion who not only embraces technology but also knows how to have a blast while doing it! We're on the lookout for someone who possesses a consultative sales approach, a proven knack for driving sales growth, and the ability to captivate a tech-savvy audience.
In this role, you will exhibit all the characteristics associated with a high performance sales culture, specifically leading and managing a pipeline of new business and expansion opportunities and delivering results against sales targets.
As a customer-centric organization, PagerDuty places immense value on delivering exceptional sales experiences. Your mission will be to go above and beyond, ensuring our customers receive nothing short of the finest sales journey imaginable.
This isn't just a job—it's an opportunity to showcase your sales prowess, leverage your tech-savviness, and inject your vibrant personality into every interaction. Join PagerDuty and be a part of a thrilling sales adventure where you'll thrive, have fun, and make a significant impact!
How You Impact Our Vision
- Generate revenue by selling, managing, developing and growing new and existing customers
- Develop and maintain the relationships within your accounts
- Demonstrate the value of our solutions to key partners within accounts through both onsite visits and web conference tools
- Understand customer goals and challenges, and establish PagerDuty’s product as the best solution available
- Prioritize opportunities and collaborate with your internal team to provide exceptional customer experiences
- Meet and exceed PagerDuty's monthly, quarterly, and annual quota
- Utilize Salesforce.com, Outreach, Clari and Gong for all lead management and sales forecasting
- 3-5 years of technical B2B closing experience carrying a quota
- Experience selling SLED (State gov’t, Local gov’t, Educational) SaaS solutions and engaging with C level executives
- Possess previous experience with Salesforce.com
- A consistent track record of success selling into SMB and MM companies
- Effective time management, deal management, account planning, and analytical skills
- Prior experience with sales process or qualification methodologies
- Self-sufficient with the ability to work independently and collaboratively
- Positive can-do attitude with the capacity to meet and exceed targets
The base salary range for this position is 85,000 - 90,000 USD. This role may also be eligible for bonus, commission, equity, and/or benefits.
Our base salary ranges are determined by role, level, and location. The range, which is subject to change based on primary work location, reflects the minimum and maximum base salary we expect to pay newly hired employees for the position. Within the range, we determine pay for an individual based on a number of factors including market location, job-related knowledge, skills/competencies and experience.
Your recruiter can share more about the specific offerings for this role, as well as the salary range for your primary work location during the hiring process.
Not sure if you qualify?
Apply anyway! We extend opportunities to a broad array of candidates, including those with diverse workplace experiences and backgrounds. Whether you're new to the corporate world, returning to work after a gap in employment, or simply looking to take the next step in your career path, we are excited to connect with you.
Where we work
PagerDuty currently has offices in Atlanta, Lisbon, London, San Francisco, Santiago, Sydney, Tokyo, and Toronto. We offer a hybrid, flexible environment. Find balance with remote working, while also enjoying ample opportunities for in-person and virtual connection with your fellow Dutonians.
How we work
Our values are deeply embedded in how we operate and the people we bring on board. You will see our values ingrained in how we support our customers, collaborate with our colleagues, develop our products and foster an inclusive and empathetic work culture.
- Champion the Customer | Put users first to design great products and experiences.
- Run Together | Build strong teams that amplify our impact on users.
- Take the Lead | Disrupt and invent to be the first choice for users.
- Ack + Own | Take ownership and action to deliver more efficiently to users.
- Bring Your Self | Bring your best self to build empathy and trust with users.
What we offer
One way we ensure our employees are inspired to do their best is through a comprehensive total rewards approach that supports them and their loved ones. As a global organization, our programs are competitive with industry standards and aligned with local laws and regulations.
Your package may include:
- Competitive salary and company equity
- Comprehensive benefits package from day one
- Flexible work arrangements
- ESPP (Employee Stock Purchase Program)
- Retirement or pension plan
- Paid parental leave - up to 22 weeks for pregnant parent, up to 12 weeks for non-pregnant parent (some countries have longer leave standards and we comply with local laws)
- Generous paid vacation time
- Paid holidays and sick leave
- Paid volunteer time off - 20 hours per year
- Bi-annual company-wide hack weeks
- Mental wellness programs
- Dutonian Wellness Days & Midyear Wellness Week - scheduled company-wide paid days off in addition to PTO and scheduled holidays
HibernationDuty - a week each year when everyone at PagerDuty, with the exception of a small, coverage crew, is asked to take a much needed break to truly disconnect and recharge
PagerDuty, Inc. (NYSE:PD) is a leader in digital operations management. In an always-on world, organizations of all sizes trust PagerDuty to help them deliver a better digital experience to their customers, every time. Teams use PagerDuty to identify issues and opportunities in real time and bring together the right people to fix problems faster and prevent them in the future. Notable customers include Cisco, Cox Automotive, DoorDash, Electronic Arts, Genentech, Shopify, Zoom and more.
Led by CEO Jennifer Tejada, two-thirds of the PagerDuty board is classified as non-white, with women making up nearly half of all board members. We strive to build a more equitable world by investing 1% each of company equity, product, and employee volunteer time.
PagerDuty is Great Place to Work-certified™, a Fortune Best Place to Work for Women, and a top rated product on TrustRadius and G2.
Go behind-the-scenes @pagerdutylife on Instagram.
PagerDuty is committed to creating a diverse environment and is an equal opportunity employer. PagerDuty does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, parental status, veteran status, or disability status.
PagerDuty is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities in our job application process. Should you require accommodation, please email email@example.com and we will work with you to meet your accessibility needs.
PagerDuty uses the E-Verify employment verification program.