Velocity Account Executive
PagerDuty is seeking a Velocity Account Executive to join our diverse, customer-focused team! As a Velocity Account Executive, you will report to a Manager of Commercial Inside Sales and as part of a dynamic team, you'll collaborate closely with our talented Account Executives where you will balance your focus on a group of existing customers as well as acquiring new business opportunities. Your daily responsibilities will include creating, developing, managing, and closing up-sells, cross-sells, and net-new business deals.
Do you have a proven track record of success in a collaborative selling environment? Are you skilled in prospecting, organising, and enjoy achieving victories? This is an exceptional opportunity for someone who is passionate about technology, has experience selling complex solutions, and can provide consultative guidance to clients. If you possess excellent time management skills, understanding when to prioritise closing deals and when to shift focus to pipeline development, we would love to talk to you!
How You Impact Our Vision
- Prospecting - calling and emailing executives at senior level across various lines of business using scaled techniques and tools.
- Understanding the needs of your stakeholders and effectively communicating how PagerDuty will address those needs
- Aligning use cases with the appropriate service offering
- Documenting key qualification details, including use case, purchase timeframes, and next steps
- Closing and managing land-and-expand deals with a focus on acquiring new customers.
- Quickly adapting to the Enterprise sales model and employing solution selling/customer-centric sales method
- Prioritising opportunities and allocating appropriate resources
- Ensuring complete customer satisfaction in all interactions
- Strong background in lead generation and prospecting
- 1 - 2 years of sales development and/or closing experience in software sales
- Proven ability to quickly gain trust with senior leaders, internal and external
- Highly organised with exceptional follow up skills
- Proficient in technology, with an understanding of software and its applications in business
- Passion for cloud technologies
The base salary range for this position is 70,000 - 75,000 USD. This role may also be eligible for bonus, commission, equity, and/or benefits.
Our base salary ranges are determined by role, level, and location. The range, which is subject to change based on primary work location, reflects the minimum and maximum base salary we expect to pay newly hired employees for the position. Within the range, we determine pay for an individual based on a number of factors including market location, job-related knowledge, skills/competencies and experience.
Your recruiter can share more about the specific offerings for this role, as well as the salary range for your primary work location during the hiring process.
Not sure if you qualify?
Apply anyway! We extend opportunities to a broad array of candidates, including those with diverse workplace experiences and backgrounds. Whether you're new to the corporate world, returning to work after a gap in employment, or simply looking to take the next step in your career path, we are excited to connect with you.
Where we work
PagerDuty currently has offices in Atlanta, Lisbon, London, San Francisco, Santiago, Sydney, Tokyo, and Toronto. We offer a hybrid, flexible environment. Find balance with remote working, while also enjoying ample opportunities for in-person and virtual connection with your fellow Dutonians.
How we work
Our values are deeply embedded in how we operate and the people we bring on board. You will see our values ingrained in how we support our customers, collaborate with our colleagues, develop our products and foster an inclusive and empathetic work culture.
- Champion the Customer | Put users first to design great products and experiences.
- Run Together | Build strong teams that amplify our impact on users.
- Take the Lead | Disrupt and invent to be the first choice for users.
- Ack + Own | Take ownership and action to deliver more efficiently to users.
- Bring Your Self | Bring your best self to build empathy and trust with users.
What we offer
One way we ensure our employees are inspired to do their best is through a comprehensive total rewards approach that supports them and their loved ones. As a global organization, our programs are competitive with industry standards and aligned with local laws and regulations.
Your package may include:
- Competitive salary and company equity
- Comprehensive benefits package from day one
- Flexible work arrangements
- ESPP (Employee Stock Purchase Program)
- Retirement or pension plan
- Paid parental leave - up to 22 weeks for pregnant parent, up to 12 weeks for non-pregnant parent (some countries have longer leave standards and we comply with local laws)
- Generous paid vacation time
- Paid holidays and sick leave
- Paid volunteer time off - 20 hours per year
- Bi-annual company-wide hack weeks
- Mental wellness programs
- Dutonian Wellness Days & Midyear Wellness Week - scheduled company-wide paid days off in addition to PTO and scheduled holidays
HibernationDuty - a week each year when everyone at PagerDuty, with the exception of a small, coverage crew, is asked to take a much needed break to truly disconnect and recharge
PagerDuty, Inc. (NYSE:PD) is a leader in digital operations management. In an always-on world, organizations of all sizes trust PagerDuty to help them deliver a better digital experience to their customers, every time. Teams use PagerDuty to identify issues and opportunities in real time and bring together the right people to fix problems faster and prevent them in the future. Notable customers include Cisco, Cox Automotive, DoorDash, Electronic Arts, Genentech, Shopify, Zoom and more.
Led by CEO Jennifer Tejada, two-thirds of the PagerDuty board is classified as non-white, with women making up nearly half of all board members. We strive to build a more equitable world by investing 1% each of company equity, product, and employee volunteer time.
PagerDuty is Great Place to Work-certified™, a Fortune Best Place to Work for Women, and a top rated product on TrustRadius and G2.
Go behind-the-scenes @pagerdutylife on Instagram.
PagerDuty is committed to creating a diverse environment and is an equal opportunity employer. PagerDuty does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, parental status, veteran status, or disability status.
PagerDuty is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities in our job application process. Should you require accommodation, please email email@example.com and we will work with you to meet your accessibility needs.
PagerDuty uses the E-Verify employment verification program.