Account Executive, Strategic Sales
Overview of the Role:
PagerDuty is seeking a Strategic Account Executive to join our dynamic and customer-focused team! As a Strategic Account Executive, you will report to a Sales Leader of Enterprise Sales. We are looking for a talented sales professional experienced in enterprise software, who will uncover and close PagerDuty product and service opportunities. You will have the opportunity to drive new business and support our key strategic accounts. Embracing PagerDuty's commitment to "Champion the Customer," you will be responsible for delivering exceptional sales experiences by identifying challenges in customers' environments, transforming those challenges into business-driven perspectives, and communicating the positive impact of resolving them. This role encompasses the overall success and sales performance of a defined account territory.
You will be engaging, influencing, and fostering relationships with individuals at various levels within organizations, including individual contributors, mid-level management, and C-suite executives, to drive their digital transformation strategy with leading enterprise customers. Your role will involve:
- Leading a cross-functional account team in developing and implementing detailed account plans/strategies to expand existing relationships and acquire new customers. This involves collaborating with teams such as Marketing, Solution Consulting, Customer Success, Business Value, ISRs, BDRs, and partner teams.
- Generating revenue by selling, managing, and cultivating existing client relationships.
- Demonstrating the ability to navigate a hybrid business approach that combines a frictionless, transactional sales model with a strategic, large deal selling motion, depending on the situation.
- Prioritising opportunities and coordinating with your internal team to provide exceptional customer experiences and ensure 100% satisfaction.
- Utilising our sales methodology and processes effectively for lead management and sales forecasting.
- Committing to pipeline generation and conducting thorough account research.
- 6+ years of outside software sales experience in a multi-product, complex software environment
- Able to demonstrate methodology to prospect and build pipeline independently
- Experience leading large and complex sales cycles within Fortune 500 enterprises, with the ability to understand customers’ needs and translate them into tailored solutions
- Experience in managing strategic portfolio of accounts
- Demonstrated track record of hitting and exceeding sales targets
- Advanced knowledge around DevOps/ ITops/ Observability/ Automation
- Familiarity with MEDDICC and Command of the message
- Strong technical expertise, understanding of engineering culture, and the ability to connect with customers
- Bachelor's Degree or higher
The base salary range for this position is 132,000 - 182,000 USD. This role may also be eligible for bonus, commission, equity, and/or benefits.
Our base salary ranges are determined by role, level, and location. The range, which is subject to change based on primary work location, reflects the minimum and maximum base salary we expect to pay newly hired employees for the position. Within the range, we determine pay for an individual based on a number of factors including market location, job-related knowledge, skills/competencies and experience.
Your recruiter can share more about the specific offerings for this role, as well as the salary range for your primary work location during the hiring process.
Not sure if you qualify?
Apply anyway! We extend opportunities to a broad array of candidates, including those with diverse workplace experiences and backgrounds. Whether you're new to the corporate world, returning to work after a gap in employment, or simply looking to take the next step in your career path, we are excited to connect with you.
Where we work
PagerDuty currently has offices in Atlanta, Lisbon, London, San Francisco, Santiago, Sydney, Tokyo, and Toronto. We offer a hybrid, flexible environment. Find balance with remote working, while also enjoying ample opportunities for in-person and virtual connection with your fellow Dutonians.
How we work
Our values are deeply embedded in how we operate and the people we bring on board. You will see our values ingrained in how we support our customers, collaborate with our colleagues, develop our products and foster an inclusive and empathetic work culture.
- Champion the Customer | Put users first to design great products and experiences.
- Run Together | Build strong teams that amplify our impact on users.
- Take the Lead | Disrupt and invent to be the first choice for users.
- Ack + Own | Take ownership and action to deliver more efficiently to users.
- Bring Your Self | Bring your best self to build empathy and trust with users.
What we offer
One way we ensure our employees are inspired to do their best is through a comprehensive total rewards approach that supports them and their loved ones. As a global organization, our programs are competitive with industry standards and aligned with local laws and regulations.
Your package may include:
- Competitive salary and company equity
- Comprehensive benefits package from day one
- Flexible work arrangements
- ESPP (Employee Stock Purchase Program)
- Retirement or pension plan
- Paid parental leave - up to 22 weeks for pregnant parent, up to 12 weeks for non-pregnant parent (some countries have longer leave standards and we comply with local laws)
- Generous paid vacation time
- Paid holidays and sick leave
- Paid volunteer time off - 20 hours per year
- Bi-annual company-wide hack weeks
- Mental wellness programs
- Dutonian Wellness Days & Midyear Wellness Week - scheduled company-wide paid days off in addition to PTO and scheduled holidays
HibernationDuty - a week each year when everyone at PagerDuty, with the exception of a small, coverage crew, is asked to take a much needed break to truly disconnect and recharge
PagerDuty, Inc. (NYSE:PD) is a leader in digital operations management. In an always-on world, organizations of all sizes trust PagerDuty to help them deliver a better digital experience to their customers, every time. Teams use PagerDuty to identify issues and opportunities in real time and bring together the right people to fix problems faster and prevent them in the future. Notable customers include Cisco, Cox Automotive, DoorDash, Electronic Arts, Genentech, Shopify, Zoom and more.
Led by CEO Jennifer Tejada, two-thirds of the PagerDuty board is classified as non-white, with women making up nearly half of all board members. We strive to build a more equitable world by investing 1% each of company equity, product, and employee volunteer time.
PagerDuty is Great Place to Work-certified™, a Fortune Best Place to Work for Women, and a top rated product on TrustRadius and G2.
Go behind-the-scenes @PagerDuty on Instagram.
PagerDuty is committed to creating a diverse environment and is an equal opportunity employer. PagerDuty does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, parental status, veteran status, or disability status.
PagerDuty is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities in our job application process. Should you require accommodation, please email email@example.com and we will work with you to meet your accessibility needs.
PagerDuty uses the E-Verify employment verification program.