Regional Sales Director EMEA
PagerDuty is looking for an Strategic Software Sales Director who will lead a team of account executives to generate expansion business and ensure our largest and most strategic accounts are successful. In the spirit of PagerDuty’s “Champion the Customer” core value, you are responsible for providing the best possible customer experience by having a deep understanding of the customer’s business, the challenges they are facing and aligning value based solutions to them. You enjoy helping your customer connect their technical pain points to tangible business value using a consultative sales approach, and prefer to spend the majority of your time in the field, with your sales reps, in front of customers. Your team is inspired by you because you lead by example, help them achieve their goals and solve complex problems together.
You will bring with you meaningful software industry experience in any of the following: modern SaaS, enterprise or infrastructure management, application development and management, security, and/or analytics.
- Create a “destination team” that attracts, retains and develops the industry’s best talent
- Lead and coach a distributed team of up to 7 field account managers
- Formulate and execute a regional business plan to exceed plan and drive customer success
- Lead a disciplined and efficient operating motion that maximises time with customers/prospects and fosters a predictable, high-growth business
- Accelerate and scale a strategic sales motion; drive adherence to sales process, usage and utilisation of tools and technology,
- Ability to drive a large, complex account development and sales motion
- Develop best-in-class capabilities around the entire lead to close process, and attack the white space in your territory
- Foster a team-selling environment that ensures we bring the full power of PagerDuty to every customer
- Support and coach reps daily in account development, penetration, success, qualification, discovery, deal management and closing activities.
- Deliver timely and accurate pipeline information and forecast to PagerDuty leadership
- Regularly assess sales effectiveness and identify solutions to enable a productive working environment
- Partner closely with marketing, sales enablement, customer success and solution consulting teams to ensure the most effective demand generation programs, playbooks and sales enablement are in effect to drive sales performance
- Foster and accelerate a strong ecosystem partner relationships to expand market coverage, awareness and penetration
- 5+ years enterprise sales leadership experience in high-growth, complex software environment.
- Demonstrated leadership experience, including team management and people development.
- Strong executive presence and relationship building competencies.
- Demonstrated success in meeting and exceeding quota
- Unrestricted, permanent work authorisation in the United Kingdom
- Experience driving executive alignment across customer base
- Formalised training in sales methodologies.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving capabilities.
- Strong operational excellence
- Embrace our #takethelead and #runtogether values by continuously learning from feedback and experiences to be better and make your team better
Not sure if you qualify?
Apply anyway! We extend opportunities to a broad array of candidates, including those with diverse workplace experiences and backgrounds. Whether you're new to the corporate world, returning to work after a gap in employment, or simply looking to take the next step in your career path, we are excited to connect with you.
Where we work
PagerDuty currently has offices in Atlanta, Lisbon, London, San Francisco, Santiago, Sydney, Tokyo, and Toronto. We offer a hybrid, flexible workplace, with many Dutonians choosing to work primarily from home. We also provide ample opportunities for in-person and virtual connection, like team offsites and volunteering events.
How we work
Our values are deeply embedded in how we operate and the people we bring on board. You will see our values ingrained in how we support our customers, collaborate with our colleagues, develop our products and foster an inclusive and empathetic work culture.
- Champion the Customer | Put users first to design great products and experiences.
- Run Together | Build strong teams that amplify our impact on users.
- Take the Lead | Disrupt and invent to be the first choice for users.
- Ack + Own | Take ownership and action to deliver more efficiently to users.
- Bring Your Self | Bring your best self to build empathy and trust with users.
What we offer
One way we ensure our employees are inspired to do their best is through a comprehensive total rewards approach that supports them and their loved ones. As a global organization, our programs are competitive with industry standards and aligned with local laws and regulations.
Your package may include:
- Competitive salary and company equity
- Comprehensive benefits package from day one
- Flexible work arrangements
- ESPP (Employee Stock Purchase Program)
- Retirement or pension plan
- Paid parental leave - up to 22 weeks for pregnant parent, up to 12 weeks for non-pregnant parent (some countries have longer leave standards and we comply with local laws)
- Generous paid vacation time
- Paid holidays and sick leave
- Dutonian Wellness Days - scheduled company-wide paid days off in addition to PTO
- HibernationDuty - an annual company paid week off when everyone at PagerDuty, with the exception of a small, coverage crew, is asked to take a much needed break to truly disconnect and recharge
- Paid volunteer time off - 20 hours per year
- Company-wide hack weeks
- Mental wellness programs
PagerDuty, Inc. (NYSE:PD) is a global leader in digital operations management. The PagerDuty Operations Cloud revolutionizes how critical work gets done, and powers the agility that drives digital transformation. Customers rely on the PagerDuty Operations Cloud to compress costs, accelerate productivity, win revenue, sustain seamless digital experiences, and earn customer trust. More than half of the Fortune 500 and more than two thirds of the Fortune 100 trust PagerDuty including Cisco, Cox Automotive, DoorDash, Electronic Arts, Genentech, Shopify, Zoom and more.
Led by CEO Jennifer Tejada, two-thirds of the PagerDuty board is classified as non-white, with women making up nearly half of all board members. We strive to build a more equitable world by investing 1% each of company equity, product, and employee volunteer time.
PagerDuty is Great Place to Work-certified™, a Fortune Best Place to Work for Women, and a top rated product on TrustRadius and G2.
Go behind-the-scenes @pagerduty on Instagram.