Manager, Business Development
As the Manager of Business Development at Pendo, your charter is to lead a team of talented Business Development Representatives (BDRs) to engage new outbound prospects & partner with sales to convert them into a healthy pipeline. You will play a key role in hiring, onboarding and leading this team to achieve individual, team and organizational targets.
We are looking for leaders who have a passion for the customer experience, are motivated to meet and exceed sales targets and are well positioned to use data and hands on coaching to help our BDRs continuously improve their performance and career trajectories.
- Lead a growing team of individuals on the BDR team to meet and exceed objectives through performance tracking, hands-on coaching and best practice sharing
- Track and report on lead flow, SLAs and conversion rates to engage the BDR team and communicate upward with sales & marketing leadership at Pendo
- Work with Sales Operations to identify and implement recommendations for improvement of the BDR workflow and tech stack
- Own the usage strategy and evolution of current tools to optimize prospect experience as well as rep efficiency and productivity
- Building internal relationships with departmental leadership, including Sales, Marketing and Operations
- Design and optimize the outreach experience; work closely with Marketing to define campaign follow-up and reporting
- Partner with reps on their career development and trajectory within Pendo’s Revenue organization
- Be a talent magnet and continue to attract new hires into the organization and build the team
- 2+ years of management experience
- Proven track record of over-achieving quota expectations
- Deep understanding of inbound and outbound prospecting methodology in various segments
- Demonstrable experience building internal process
- 1+ years as an SDR/BDR
- Experience working in SAAS B2B and/or selling software
- Strong analytical skills, both in modeling and measurement
- Ability to operate in a fast-paced and evolving environment, managing multiple projects simultaneously and prioritizing resources based on impact
- Excellent communication skills, adapting your message and delivery to the audience
- Passion for growing and mentoring a team.
- Experience with standard BDR tech stack tools ie. Salesforce, ZoomInfo, LinkedIn, Outreach, Looker, etc.
Pendo was founded in 2013 by former product managers, who combined their heads and hearts to build something they wanted but never had as product managers -- a simple way to understand and attack what truly drives product success. Our mission is to improve society's experience with software.
Come join one of the fastest-growing startups, supported by best-in-class institutions like Battery Ventures, Salesforce Ventures, Spark Capital and Meritech. You will gain experience in a diverse and exciting set of technologies and clients and have a real impact on Pendo's future. Our culture is passionate, dynamic, and fun.
We are an equal opportunity employer and believe having diverse teams where everyone brings their whole self to Pendo is key to our success. We welcome all people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives.
Pendo is committed to working with, and providing access and reasonable accommodation to, applicants with mental and/or physical disabilities. If you think you may require accommodation(s) for any part of the recruitment process, please send a request to: email@example.com. All requests for accommodations are treated discreetly and confidentially, as practical and permitted by law.
Our salary ranges are based on paying competitively for our size and industry, and are one part of many compensation, benefits and other reward opportunities we provide.
The expected OTE salary range for this role in the following location is:
(OTE with a Split of 60/40)
Raleigh, NC - USD $130,000 -$160,000
Individual pay rate decisions, including offers made within and over the expected salary range, are based on a number of factors, including qualifications for the role, experience level, skillset, and balancing internal equity relative to peers at the company.