Director, Business Development
As the Director of Business Development at Pendo, your team's mission is to apply pipeline generation skills to identify and acquire new prospects in small to medium-sized companies as well as large enterprises to help grow and develop our footprint in the SaaS market.
You will play a key role leading this highly motivated, world-class team of Business Development Reps and Managers to achieve individual, team and organizational quotas. We are looking for a leader who is passionate about continuous learning and development to help build out a vision for taking our Sales Development organization to the next level.
- Hiring, mentoring and development of SDR/BDR Managers and reps
- Partner specifically with Field and Demand Marketing, Sales Leadership, Revenue Operations and other business partners to develop successful outbound/inbound prospecting plays in support of Pendo’s GTM strategy
- Achieve/exceed monthly and quarterly SQO and pipeline goals in support of Pendo sales targets
- Provide reporting on defined daily, weekly and monthly metrics and KPIs to leadership
- Motivate individuals on the SDR team to exceed targets through coaching, regular recognition of top performance, incentives and inspirational leadership
- Create strategic engagement strategies that include email, Linkedin, calling, and more
- Identify and make recommendations for improvement in the areas of process, efficiency, and productivity
- Support long term development of SDRs and SDR managers in their careers at Pendo by partnering with our enablement teams in Sales and HR, to ultimately create a bench of amazing talent
- 5+ years of experience leading a Sales or Sales Development organization
- Direct experience hiring and developing SDRs and SDR Managers
- Consistent proven track record of over achievement of pipeline quota expectations
- Deep understanding of outbound prospecting methodology in all market segments, including account based marketing strategies in the enterprise space
- Proven analytical skills and ability to communicate information effectively to the team
- Proven ability to work cross functionally across all pipeline stakeholders
- Outstanding communication, organizational and time-management skills
- Strategic thinker and self-starter
- Experience working in a rapidly growing/changing environment
- Excited to work with the team in our Raleigh office in person
Pendo was founded in 2013 by former product managers, who combined their heads and hearts to build something they wanted but never had as product managers -- a simple way to understand and attack what truly drives product success. Our mission is to improve society's experience with software.
Come join one of the fastest-growing startups, supported by best-in-class institutions like Battery Ventures, Salesforce Ventures, Spark Capital and Meritech. You will gain experience in a diverse and exciting set of technologies and clients and have a real impact on Pendo's future. Our culture is passionate, dynamic, and fun.
We are an equal opportunity employer and believe having diverse teams where everyone brings their whole self to Pendo is key to our success. We welcome all people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives.
Pendo is committed to working with, and providing access and reasonable accommodation to, applicants with mental and/or physical disabilities. If you think you may require accommodation(s) for any part of the recruitment process, please send a request to: email@example.com. All requests for accommodations are treated discreetly and confidentially, as practical and permitted by law.
Our salary ranges are based on paying competitively for our size and industry, and are one part of many compensation, benefits and other reward opportunities we provide.
The expected salary range for this role to be performed in: North Carolina is $200-$250 OTE
Individual pay rate decisions, including offers made within and over the expected salary range, are based on a number of factors, including qualifications for the role, experience level, skillset, and balancing internal equity relative to peers at the company.