Account Manager (Pipeline for future openings)
Pendo is seeking a hardworking, driven, and dynamic Account Manager to join our team. At Pendo, renewals are at the heart of our success as a company, and as an Account Manager, you will be an integral part of driving performance in our company’s core business strategy by focusing on renewing our relationships with customers and ensuring they have the subscription they need to achieve positive business outcomes.
A renewal serves as an incredibly important breakthrough moment to celebrate and reflect on the past while also planning for the future. You will partner with customers and multiple internal stakeholders (e.g., Account Executives, Customer Success Managers, Finance, Legal, etc.) to ensure value is realised and that our customers are set up for continued success with their subscription.
To succeed on our team, you will need strong sales, operations, and analytical skills, as well as drive and discipline to lead, forecast, and execute on your pipeline with high efficiency. This is a quota carrying position.
Responsibilities (what you’ll do):
- Develop deep expertise and understanding of Pendo’s products, GTM strategy, and standards for pricing and negotiating renewals and expansion.
- Research customer contracts and purchasing history in order to build timely and accurate quotes for renewals within your book of business.
- Manage your opportunity pipeline from week to week, providing accurate and timely forecasts to management.
- Attain quarterly targets for bookings in your book of business, on-time renewals, and overall critical renewal and expansion metrics.
- Increase penetration in book of business through existing product portfolio and new offers.
- Participate in account reviews and planning.
- Manage the transaction process from quote through PO.
- Handle billing disputes and questions.
- Identify when technical guidance might be needed to secure a renewal.
- Understand customer procurement process
- Work cross-functionally to develop renewal and expansion strategy and execution plans.
- Minimum 2 years experience in a Renewal Specialist position or similar/related function (e.g. Technology Inside Sales, Sales Operations, Services Renewals) that includes direct customer interaction. Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in a numerate, technical or business discipline.
- Technology sales experience in a subscription model environment, with a proven track record.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to handle conflict.
- Competency with sales pipeline management and CRM tools, including salesforce.com.
- Strong negotiation skills.
- Ability to discuss and close multi-year deals.
- Excellent executive level communication and presentation skills.
- Approaches work with empathy and a creative, problem-solving mindset
- Self-motivated, proactive, energetic team player
- Takes an active interest in increasing customer happiness and deepening customer relationships
- Extraordinary time and process management skills, ensuring nothing slips through the cracks
- Treats work like a craft, constantly honing and refining skills to adapt to an ever-changing landscape
Pendo was founded in 2013 by former product managers, who combined their heads and hearts to build something they wanted but never had as product managers -- a simple way to understand and attack what truly drives product success. Our mission is to improve society's experience with software.
Come join one of the fastest-growing startups, supported by best-in-class institutions like Battery Ventures, Salesforce Ventures, Spark Capital and Meritech. You will gain experience in a diverse and exciting set of technologies and clients and have a real impact on Pendo's future. Our culture is passionate, dynamic, and fun.
We are an equal opportunity employer and believe having diverse teams where everyone brings their whole self to Pendo is key to our success. We welcome all people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives.
Pendo is committed to working with, and providing access and reasonable accommodation to, applicants with mental and/or physical disabilities. If you think you may require an accommodation for any part of the recruitment process, please send a request to: firstname.lastname@example.org. All requests for accommodations are treated discreetly and confidentially, as practical and permitted by law.