Account Director Strategic Sales
We are looking for exceptional Strategic Account Directors to join our mission as we elevate the world’s experience with Software. Recognized as the leading force in the categories of Product Analytics and Digital Adoption platforms, our value proposition applies to startups and leading enterprises across the globe. Our 3,000 customers and growing relationships are a testament to our growth trajectory as a late-stage startup.
As a Strategic Account Director, you will be responsible for driving revenue growth through existing accounts within your territory. You will play a leadership role in executing our sales strategy to expand a defined set of enterprise accounts rapidly. You will be responsible for driving executive engagement selling solutions and services that deliver significant value to our customers. You must have a proven track record of exceeding quota with tenacity, great attitude, accountability, high energy, integrity, and discipline are defining characteristics for success in this role.
We have a “win as a team” sales mentality where everyone works together toward a common objective. We are metrics-driven, we hold ourselves to a high level of accountability, we believe in rewarding top performers, and we like to have fun!
- Execute a complex, value-based sales process encompassing multiple groups within your accounts
- Develop new business opportunities by analyzing and proactively targeting high-value needs across multiple functions and business lines
- Effectively articulate Pendo’s unique business, solution, and functional value
- Build executive awareness, sales pipeline, and bookings growth in accounts
- Define account strategies that enable sales velocity by partnering with Solutions Engineers, Customer Success Managers, and Emerging Account Directors
- Effectively forecast sales opportunities while tracking and using critical metrics that predict sales success
- Track all relevant sales activity using the company's Salesforce CRM platform
- Other duties as assigned
- Travel as needed
- You are proficient in selling enterprise software, with a preference for experience in emerging SaaS solutions.
- Have demonstrated aptitude in cultivating relationships with senior executives across Global 1000 organizations, spanning both line-of-business and IT domains.
- Track record of success & expertise in Strategic Account sales, managing a small number of large global customers.
- You have Established proficiency in effectively overseeing a substantial and diverse sales opportunity pipeline as part of a collaborative team
- Exceptional proficiency in communication (both written and verbal), interpersonal abilities, and delivering impactful presentations.
- You are able to distinguish between productive activity and tangible results; demonstrate a strong and diligent work ethic
- Capable of working autonomously while fostering effective collaboration within the Pendo team.
- Experience with Sales tools including Salesforce, Clari, Looker, DocuSign
- Experience or strong understanding of MEDDIC and/or Force Management Methodology
Pendo was founded in 2013 by former product managers, who combined their heads and hearts to build something they wanted but never had as product managers -- a simple way to understand and attack what truly drives product success. Our mission is to improve society's experience with software.
Come join one of the fastest-growing startups, supported by best-in-class institutions like Battery Ventures, Salesforce Ventures, Spark Capital and Meritech. You will gain experience in a diverse and exciting set of technologies and clients and have a real impact on Pendo's future. Our culture is passionate, dynamic, and fun.
We are an equal opportunity employer and believe having diverse teams where everyone brings their whole self to Pendo is key to our success. We welcome all people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives.
Pendo is committed to working with, and providing access and reasonable accommodation to, applicants with mental and/or physical disabilities. If you think you may require an accommodation for any part of the recruitment process, please send a request to: email@example.com. All requests for accommodations are treated discreetly and confidentially, as practical and permitted by law.
Our salary ranges are based on paying competitively for our size and industry, and are one part of many compensation, benefits and other reward opportunities we provide.
The expected OTE range for this role to be performed in United States is $240K - $300K USD
Individual pay rate decisions, including offers made within and over the expected salary range, are based on a number of factors, including qualifications for the role, experience level, skillset, and balancing internal equity relative to peers at the company.