Director, Sales - Public Sector
Every day, the world gets more digital thanks to tens of millions of developers building the future faster than ever. But with exponential growth comes exponential risk, as outnumbered security teams struggle to secure mountains of code. This is where Snyk (pronounced “sneak”) comes in. Snyk is a developer security platform that makes it easy for development teams to find, prioritize, and fix security vulnerabilities in code, dependencies, containers, and cloud infrastructure — and do it all right from the start. Snyk is on a mission to make the world a more secure place by empowering developers to develop fast and stay secure.
We’re looking for an experienced Public Sector Leader. In this newly created position, which will report directly to the SVP of America Sales, you will be responsible for setting Snyk’s Public sector strategy, establishing the culture, and building the entire go-to-market organization. This includes a strategy for US Federal, State and Local Education.
You’ll spend your time
- Helping agency customers devise strategies for leveraging the Snyk platform
- Recruiting all critical functions, including Sales, Presales, SDRs, Partner reps, and Gov. Affairs.
- Partnering and aligning Customer Solutions (post-sales), Marketing, and finance teams to support our Public Sector mission
- Forecasting, setting goals, and ensuring the team drives pipeline, new business, and customer expansion/renewal.
- Leading the Snyk response to federal proposals
- Providing Public Sector market feedback to our product team to properly align our roadmap from the vision of our top customers
What You’ll Need:
- History of working on a senior leadership team or at a comparable level in an organization
- Experience building and scaling SAAS-oriented companies in the Public sector market
- Demonstrated success in collaborating with cross-functional teams and coaching and developing team members
- Proven ability to manage both direct and indirect employees in a matrix organization
- Must have expertise around GSA, Federal procurement, and the various buying vehicles to enable growth in software sales
- Exceptional knowledge of Federal infrastructure and agencies
We’d be Lucky if You:
- A security clearance is a plus
We care deeply about the warm, inclusive environment we’ve created and we value diversity – we welcome applications from those typically underrepresented in tech. If you like the sound of this role but are not totally sure whether you’re the right person, do apply anyway!
Snyk is committed to creating an inclusive and engaging environment where our employees can thrive as we rally behind our common mission to make the digital world a safer place. From Snyk employee resource groups, to global benefits that help our employees prioritize their health, wellness, financial security, and a work/life blend, we aim to support our employees along their entire journeys here at Snyk.
Benefits & Programs
Prioritize health, wellness, financial security, and life balance with programs tailored to your location and role.
- Flexible working hours, work-from home allowances, in-office perks, and time off for learning and self development
- Generous vacation and wellness time off, country-specific holidays, and 100% paid parental leave for all caregivers
- Health benefits, employee assistance plans, and annual wellness allowance
- Country-specific life insurance, disability benefits, and retirement/pension programs, plus mobile phone and education allowances