Sales Development Representative
Sales Development Representative
At Udemy, we’re on a mission to improve lives through the power of learning. We’re a leading global learning company and one of the world’s largest education platforms, with more than 59 million learners. Our goal is to provide flexible, effective skill development to empower organizations and individuals.
Talented people are everywhere, and the right opportunity can be hard to come by. That’s why we’re focused on revolutionizing learning, using our skills and expertise to help others develop theirs and reach their full potential. Individually, we bring our unique perspective to reimagine the way we share knowledge. Together, we can improve lives by making learning more accessible for our learners, our instructors, and businesses around the world.
Udemy is headquartered in San Francisco with global offices in Australia, India, Ireland, Türkiye, and other US locations. Our robust hybrid work model spans San Francisco, Denver, Ankara, Dublin, and Melbourne. This hybrid position requires two days per week in our Denver office.
Learn more about us on our company page.
You’re an active listener and a determined person who thrives in a collaborative environment like ours. You want to use your skills to help others progress, whether that’s internally with your team or seeing the impact your work can have on people around the world as you help us expand into new markets. You’re ready for a challenge and aren’t afraid to try new ideas.
About this role
As a Sales Development Representative, you will be working with prospects who engage with Udemy to build pipeline for our Account Executives across Small business and large Enterprise organizations. With a customer first mentality this role requires active listening, quick thinking and a growth mentality to address customer needs and build meaningful interactions that showcase Udemy Business’s unique value proposition.
With a plethora of innovative sales automation tools at your fingertips, Salesforce, Salesloft, Gong, and Sales Navigator to name a few, you will become a prospecting master, developing a best in class sales methodology that will help you elevate your sales career (or any path you decide to take). At Udemy Business, our mission is to help people do whatever comes next, including our employees!
What you'll be doing:
- Build pipeline across the Americas Business by responding to inbound inquiries of Udemy Business by driving high-impact conversations via phone, email, LinkedIn, gifting, text and video
- Becoming a powerful storyteller that clearly and confidently conveys Udemy Business value across our key customers
- Leveraging the most in-demand sales tools to drive efficiency, review key metrics and optimize processes (Salesloft, Salesforce, LinkedIn Sales Navigator, Qualified, Gong)
- You will strategically manage your pipeline and book of business, utilizing innovative sales tools to identify and pursue new opportunities effectively.
- Mastering core sales skills: Call effectiveness, time management, territory planning and execution, sales tools and digital strategy
- Embracing the opportunity to enhance Udemy’s inclusive culture by championing yourself and the wins of others in a hybrid environment
What you’ll have:
- Enthusiasm around a dynamic, goal-focused environment, where connecting with people, understanding their needs, and creatively solving business challenges are part of your daily adventure.
- Proven track record of achieving personal or academic goals.
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize customer needs and build positive relationships.
- Eagerness to learn and improve, with examples of personal or professional development initiatives.
- Ability to ask insightful questions and a keenness for problem-solving.
- High-energy, a team player mentality, and are self-motivated
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Outstanding organizational and time-management skills
- Experience with Salesforce, Salesloft, Gong, and SalesNavigator a plus
- Relevant experience or a college degree
We understand that not everyone will match each of the above qualifications. However, we also realize that everyone has unique experiences that can add value to our company. Even if you think your background might not perfectly align, we'd love to hear from you!
Life at Udemy
We aspire to be as vibrant and dynamic as the communities we serve, as inquisitive as those who use our platform, and as revolutionary as the future we strive to open for everyone. Here are some of the things we love about life at Udemy:
We’re invested in creating an inclusive environment that welcomes a diverse range of backgrounds and experiences. From creating employee resource groups, ensuring we’re a Fair Pay Workplace, and building a flexible work culture, our belonging, equity, diversity, and inclusion (BEDI) initiatives always put our people first. We want you to be able to bring your authentic self to work because when we all do, we’re better for it.
Learning is what we do – inside and out. Our Learning & Development team is second to none, helping ensure your journey is one of continuous progression. You’ll also have unlimited access to Udemy courses, monthly UDays (meeting-free professional development days), and a generous annual professional development stipend.
Our reason to exist is to revolutionize learning – that calls for taking risks and learning from failures. Whether it’s our hackathons (a company-wide effort to envision new possibilities for our product) or sharing our prototypes, we see experimentation as a crucial step on the path to success.
We’re committed to creating world-class employee experiences and are proud of the recognition of this by Great Place to Work. Learn more about our certification here and find out what it's like to work at Udemy on our blog.
Of course, the best thing about being part of Udemy is knowing your work makes a difference for people and organizations around the world. You’ve got the skills; why not use them to help others develop theirs?
At Udemy, we value diversity and inclusion and consider qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital or family status, veteran status, medical condition, or disability. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Our Benefits Start With U
Our benefits package at Udemy “starts with U” and is grounded in mission-driven benefits that intentionally align with our core values. Here’s a sneak peek at just a few highlighted benefits if you’re a full-time Udemate based in the United States:
Core Benefits: Comprehensive medical, dental, vision, life/AD&D, and disability coverage
HSA/FSA/Commuter: Pre-tax savings/spending plans, including HSA employer contributions
Transgender Benefits: Expanded medical coverage for gender-affirming care
Parental Benefits: Financial assistance for fertility (including egg-freezing), adoption, and surrogacy expenses; twelve weeks of paid family bonding for birth, surrogacy, adoption, and foster placement (plus up to six to ten weeks of paid disability leave for birthing parents) as well as a two-week “ease-back” program that enables parents to return part-time at full pay
Whole U: Fully paid memberships for meditation/mindfulness, therapy/coaching visits, financial planning, fertility and family building, maternity and newborn care, parenting and pediatrics, menopause care, breastmilk shipping, and caregiving support
Learning: Free access to Udemy and Udemy Business plus a yearly stipend to spend on professional development
Retirement: Pre-tax and Roth 401(k) plan with an employer contribution
Charitable Giving: Corporate charitable match for eligible nonprofits and charities
Vacation: Flexible vacation for salaried Udemates and fifteen days per year for hourly
Holidays: Twelve paid holidays throughout the year
Would you like to learn more about Udemy? Here are a few resources:
Information regarding data privacy is available within the Udemy Careers Privacy Notice.